Pokemon X & Y Nuzlocke Challenge

Wordpress is a very nice CMS. I've used it for several projects (school and personal), and a friend has used it for several professional projects for clients.

Yeah I've used it a lot myself for projects and such. Its pretty nifty.

One step ahead of you. I already registered "Pokémon Y Nuzlocke" on Wordpress, so I'll play around with it over the weekend and see what it looks like when I come back in Monday morning.

EDIT - Nevermind, tried it now and it comes back blocked by websense as:

Reason:
The Websense category "WordPress Posting" is filtered.

I didn't start mine this weekend. I am going to start it tomorrow though.

The Pokemon Card is done. I have it sitting in a draft email for whenever you text me your email address.

The Y turned out great and I was pretty pleased with it. Here's a final version with what stats I'll track and the Y logo with the badges unblacked.

vJFHBTD.png

Attachments

• nuzlocke_card_4.jpg
    nuzlocke_card_4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1
Bummed about the superbowl so during the halftime crap I installed Gimp and Paint.NET and tried both to see how they'd handle the .psd file and editing.

Neither program let me edit the text.

Also, both programs didn't pick up the drop shadows, gradients and opacity in some places. As well as some of the text effects.

I opened the .PSD and saved it as a png and here's an example of how messed up both programs are handling it.

I suggest a photoshop free trial maybe but I think they're only for 30 days.

Attachments

• Pokemon_Card.jpg
    Pokemon_Card.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
Also, there's something up with how the forums handle uploaded images. HUGE loss of quality.

Here's a imgur link since the attached one looks super bad...

giaEoac.png

Bummed about the superbowl so during the halftime crap I installed Gimp and Paint.NET and tried both to see how they'd handle the .psd file and editing.

Neither program let me edit the text.

Also, both programs didn't pick up the drop shadows, gradients and opacity in some places. As well as some of the text effects.

I opened the .PSD and saved it as a png and here's an example of how messed up both programs are handling it.

I suggest a photoshop free trial maybe but I think they're only for 30 days.

Weird, surprised GIMP didn't support more of it natively. Just make sure to send him the font file if you're using a custom font, as well. Otherwise, even with PhotoShop, he won't be able to edit the text.

Either way... Adobe's Creative Cloud, you can get PhotoShop for $10 / month with a special they're having now: Membership plans: Pricing and subscriptions | Adobe Creative Cloud

Also, there's something up with how the forums handle uploaded images. HUGE loss of quality.

Here's a imgur link since the attached one looks super bad...

giaEoac.png

Yeah, the forum compresses images. I wouldn't use it IMO. Just use Imgur or TinyPic or something similar.

Weird, surprised GIMP didn't support more of it natively. Just make sure to send him the font file if you're using a custom font, as well. Otherwise, even with PhotoShop, he won't be able to edit the text.

Either way... Adobe's Creative Cloud, you can get PhotoShop for $10 / month with a special they're having now: Membership plans: Pricing and subscriptions | Adobe Creative Cloud

Yeah, no custom font just Impact. But, I honestly don't think he should use my template unless he's using Photoshop since it looks ridiculous.

Didn't know about the Adobe Creative Cloud thing, that's pretty neat.

What's up everyone, it's later but I just wanted to post a quick update as to my plans/status.

So basically I've decided to add in one more extra rule to make this a pretty fair challenge, and that is that I am going to try and impose a rule that I match the gym leader's best pokemon level. For example, the first gym leader's best is a level 12, so I'm going to try and tackle this gym with level 12 pokemon.

Now because I know very little about this game, it may to be tough to plan out when gym battles will take place because I don't far apart they are, what's in between, etc. So to abide by this, I'm going to set a 5 level rule. What this boils down to is that I will attempt to battle at the same level as the best the gym leader has, but as long as I'm within five levels it's fair game.

To keep things simple, I did a google search and here are the highest levels:

Gym 1: 12
Gym 2: 25
Gym 3: 32
Gym 4: 34
Gym 5: 37
Gym 6: 42
Gym 7: 48
Gym 8: 59

The same would apply to the Elite Four / Rival / Champion / whoever the final boss is. I'm not sure about those levels, but we'll figure it out as time passes, I'm a ways away.

Also, because I can't seem to find a blog that I can edit and that isn't filtered by websense, for the time being I'm going to soon be opening up a journal thread in the Nintendo section. As previously discussed, it's going to be a journal-type deal, but I'll probably add some pictures and whatnot to keep in interesting.

Back
Top Bottom