Pokemon X & Y Nuzlocke Challenge

What's up everyone, it's later but I just wanted to post a quick update as to my plans/status.

So basically I've decided to add in one more extra rule to make this a pretty fair challenge, and that is that I am going to try and impose a rule that I match the gym leader's best pokemon level. For example, the first gym leader's best is a level 12, so I'm going to try and tackle this gym with level 12 pokemon.

Now because I know very little about this game, it may to be tough to plan out when gym battles will take place because I don't far apart they are, what's in between, etc. So to abide by this, I'm going to set a 5 level rule. What this boils down to is that I will attempt to battle at the same level as the best the gym leader has, but as long as I'm within five levels it's fair game.

To keep things simple, I did a google search and here are the highest levels:

Gym 1: 12
Gym 2: 25
Gym 3: 32
Gym 4: 34
Gym 5: 37
Gym 6: 42
Gym 7: 48
Gym 8: 59

The same would apply to the Elite Four / Rival / Champion / whoever the final boss is. I'm not sure about those levels, but we'll figure it out as time passes, I'm a ways away.

Also, because I can't seem to find a blog that I can edit and that isn't filtered by websense, for the time being I'm going to soon be opening up a journal thread in the Nintendo section. As previously discussed, it's going to be a journal-type deal, but I'll probably add some pictures and whatnot to keep in interesting.

If you guys wanted... I could set you up with a wordpress blog on my home server, I sure can. It shouldn't be blocked that way, I wouldn't think.

My issue is that I can't access the admin features. I can view/read blogs on livejournal, wordpress, etc, but I can't edit or post from here.

If you guys wanted... I could set you up with a wordpress blog on my home server, I sure can. It shouldn't be blocked that way, I wouldn't think.

I'm good. I can do the same thing but for this project I think its easier for me just to have a free blogspot url and not go through all of that. My work doesn't block me as much as Edge.

My issue is that I can't access the admin features. I can view/read blogs on livejournal, wordpress, etc, but I can't edit or post from here.

You can update Wordpress via email as well. But, it might be best to just update the forum thread and then when you get home you can make a quick blog entry.

Yeah I think I'm going to do it journal / rage comic style since that's been on haitus for a while and people have been clamoring for more. I also have the outline for chapter one already done, I just need to format the images which I'll do sometime later on today.

Fair enough - I just don't know if Websense would block it since it'd be running of of a private IP rather than a Wordpress server. I'm not sure how the backend of Websense blocking works - if it's by keywords, server, or what.

Fair enough - I just don't know if Websense would block it since it'd be running of of a private IP rather than a Wordpress server. I'm not sure how the backend of Websense blocking works - if it's by keywords, server, or what.

It's different for each company/office because their IT departments can set what is and isn't accessible for their building's individual network, which is why Rider's access is slightly different than mine.

It's different for each company/office because their IT departments can set what is and isn't accessible for their building's individual network, which is why Rider's access is slightly different than mine.

I know; I meant I don't know how Websense is setup for you ;).

Edge if you could email/text me a screenshot. Maybe I just need to download a third-party app for my phone but would like to see an example of a good screenshot you said you took.

Also curious what kind of phone you have and if you used a third-party app.

Edge if you could email/text me a screenshot. Maybe I just need to download a third-party app for my phone but would like to see an example of a good screenshot you said you took.

Also curious what kind of phone you have and if you used a third-party app.

No third party app, just the regular camera built into the phone. It's also an older model phone but has a surprisingly good camera, it's an HTC Incredible 2. I've taken pictures with it that have been mistaken for digital camera pictures by friends and family. I'll send you a text of one of my screenshots during my lunch hour.

As for photos in general, in the past when I've added images to posts on this forum I had to get creative as most image hosting sites are blocked. The way I did this was by opening a new window and dragging/dropping a google image search result into the post.

For personal screenshots from my 3DS that's not going work, so I'm trying something a little different. Can you guys let me know if you can see the Tech Forums logo below:

logo-vi.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom