Pokemon X & Y Nuzlocke Challenge

On topic: I can rattle off a handfulof stats but I'm not really sure how many of them would really be all that meaningful at the end of the day. Here's some off the top of my head:

- Pokeballs used vs success (example: success rate of 6/8 means 8 balls were thrown, 6 became captures)

- Healing items used

- PokeCenter trips

- Critical hits landed

- Critical hits against

- Longest battle (amount of turns)

Off topic:

So I think I scared the micro manager off, or showed him up or something. He apparently was getting chewed out of this report where something was hanging out there for an extra 60 days and he couldn't figure out how to resolve it. He took it to the head of the department (who wrote the compute program we use by the way) and he couldn't figure out the issue, so he called the state headquarters... and they couldn't figure it out.

I just stumbled upon the case number now and fixed the issue in under two minutes, so now he's in his room with his door shut assumingly with his tail between his legs. Can't really feel bad for the guy either because he's the type to act like a someone's best friend one minute, then throw them under the bus the moment they turn away.

Yeah I'm not sure about which stats are best as well. I guess it'll be easy to just duplicate a layer with text on it and then you can edit the text for whatever stat(s) you want to follow.

I'm gonna start the challenge on Saturday, I think. Probably won't play much Sunday because of the Superbowl. I also don't think I'll play every single day, and I expect to go through the challenge slowly. I assume there will be more grinding in between gyms than normal since I don't want to lose my pokemon easily. Thinking it'll take me 2-3 months most likely.

Yeah I'm not sure about which stats are best as well. I guess it'll be easy to just duplicate a layer with text on it and then you can edit the text for whatever stat(s) you want to follow.

I'm gonna start the challenge on Saturday, I think. Probably won't play much Sunday because of the Superbowl. I also don't think I'll play every single day, and I expect to go through the challenge slowly. I assume there will be more grinding in between gyms than normal since I don't want to lose my pokemon easily. Thinking it'll take me 2-3 months most likely.

Yeah I don't plan to rush through it myself either. I'm going to avoid power leveling, meaning, spending hours to get everyone to level 40 to tackle a level 20 gym. The reason is because I want this to remain a fun challenge, rather than grinding and busy work.

I think I'm going to follow an unwritten rule of trying to remain around the same level as the gym if possible. In other words, if I battle the first trainer in a gym and they are around level 30, I'll try and level mine up to that 28-32 range if they happen to be too low as opposed to spending ten hours to get them all to 50 and just one-hit my way through the gym.

Yeah I don't plan to rush through it myself either. I'm going to avoid power leveling, meaning, spending hours to get everyone to level 40 to tackle a level 20 gym. The reason is because I want this to remain a fun challenge, rather than grinding and busy work.

I think I'm going to follow an unwritten rule of trying to remain around the same level as the gym if possible. In other words, if I battle the first trainer in a gym and they are around level 30, I'll try and level mine up to that 28-32 range if they happen to be too low as opposed to spending ten hours to get them all to 50 and just one-hit my way through the gym.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I don't plan on spending hours leveling my dudes up to be 10+ levels above the gym. If the gym is level 30 then I'll be between 30-35. +5 levels is my max though.

Hey Edge, if you can text me your email address. I cleaned up the card layout layers and grouped stuff together so you'd know what to edit it.

I couldn't find a snazzy Y logo like the X I found, but I found like a blank Y and I am gonna try to make a gradient tonight and get it close for you.

Let me know if you want some easy edits done. Like splitting the yellow box in half or something after you get the .psd file and take a look at it.

I plan on finishing up my card tonight with some stats I want to track and then I need to put the URL to my blog on there.

Hey Edge, if you can text me your email address. I cleaned up the card layout layers and grouped stuff together so you'd know what to edit it.

I couldn't find a snazzy Y logo like the X I found, but I found like a blank Y and I am gonna try to make a gradient tonight and get it close for you.

Let me know if you want some easy edits done. Like splitting the yellow box in half or something after you get the .psd file and take a look at it.

I plan on finishing up my card tonight with some stats I want to track and then I need to put the URL to my blog on there.

Yep, sure thing. I'm getting things ready like a notepad, etc, to jot the major points down for each session, along with which cities/routes become off limit as for future captures. I was also thinking about opening up a seperate journal thread on here until a blog is set up.

Another thing that I'm going to attempt is homemade screen shots to help illustrate key points by simply just snapping photos of the 3DS screen. I have a pretty decent camera in my phone so I'm thinking they should turn out well. Regardless, I'll be sending them to my computer so I can edit them to make help with cropping, light/darkness, contrast, gamma, sharpness etc.

As far as the Y logo goes in the templates, worst case scenario you could just erase the X and use the magic wand tool and crop an Y in it's place. If that seems like too much work I'll go ahead and give it a shot.

Yep, sure thing. I'm getting things ready like a notepad, etc, to jot the major points down for each session, along with which cities/routes become off limit as for future captures. I was also thinking about opening up a seperate journal thread on here until a blog is set up.

Another thing that I'm going to attempt is homemade screen shots to help illustrate key points by simply just snapping photos of the 3DS screen. I have a pretty decent camera in my phone so I'm thinking they should turn out well. Regardless, I'll be sending them to my computer so I can edit them to make help with cropping, light/darkness, contrast, gamma, sharpness etc.

As far as the Y logo goes in the templates, worst case scenario you could just erase the X and use the magic wand tool and crop an Y in it's place. If that seems like too much work I'll go ahead and give it a shot.

I mentioned before, but I think its best that we don't try to share a blog. I believe it'll just be confusing to anyone reading it. So, I suggest just setting up a free blog at blogspot or wordpress, etc. Cropping the Y from the logo might work, but I think using a blank Y template I found and just adding in the colors would be better/easier.

I think taking photos of the 3DS screen with your phone will be alright.Just don't use flash I'm assuming.

And yea I forgot I need to write down routes/cities where I captured pokemon from.

I mentioned before, but I think its best that we don't try to share a blog. I believe it'll just be confusing to anyone reading it. So, I suggest just setting up a free blog at blogspot or wordpress, etc. Cropping the Y from the logo might work, but I think using a blank Y template I found and just adding in the colors would be better/easier.

I think taking photos of the 3DS screen with your phone will be alright.Just don't use flash I'm assuming.

And yea I forgot I need to write down routes/cities where I captured pokemon from.

No I'll turn the flash off. I'll look into the blog thing but I want to see what's compatable with websense because I don't want to use a blocked site.

No I'll turn the flash off. I'll look into the blog thing but I want to see what's compatable with websense because I don't want to use a blocked site.

Blogspot should not be blocked. That's a google service, if you didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom