New CS:S radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Im really ****ed off.

Valve put out a update and put it a new radar and its rediculous.

Its not a radar any more. Its a Mini map

The way it works is, if one my teammates sees the enemy, no matter where he is, as long as he sees him, that enemy shows up on my radar for 3 seconds.

Another thing is, its very distracting...

Like Gaara was saying on ventrillo earlier, Why change the radar when it has worked perfectly for 6 years?

Im very ****ed off with valve as this radar is just ludacris. Its basically a free wall hack..

The radar changes are a waste of time IMO. Valve spent resources on a radar system instead of spending those resources on a bigger issue in CS: Hackers.
The new radar takes up a big portion of your screen and to me the radar is more distracting than ever. They should change the radar back to the old radar and maybe just put some of the new additions to the radar to the old radar such as the 'X' that appears after a team-mate has been killed.

ironically the new radar seems to drop teamplay even further, its now even easier to be a lone wolf all star, you do not have to rely on teammtes working with you.

This ruined My Day.

Am I the only the one who is able to see the ENTIRE other team on the radar during the ENTIRE round?

It's obvious they made counterstrike source from the ground up to be more friendly on newer player. This radar just further emphasizes that point. No longer can you hide anywhere, no longer do you have use any thinking to find a dropped bomb, no longer do you have to guess approximately where your team members are located on the map.

If they ruin TF2 I will actually go about pirating every piece of valve software regardless of whether I plan on playing it or not

I will commend them on actually getting around to fixing the crouching issue though, took them almost two year but at least they fixed it. I also suspect they don't particularily care about hackers, if VAC catches you hacking they simply ban your steam account so it's just extra money in their pockets if you decide you want to play any games you've already purchased again

I wouldn't even have such a beef if they took a bit of time to make an option to choose which radar you want to use. I don't care if I'm at a disadvantage, the current radar is obnoxious looking

And of course with this update when I try and knife someone it crashes the entire god damn server

gaara said:
Am I the only the one who is able to see the ENTIRE other team on the radar during the ENTIRE round?

Not all the time for me, but I can say it has happened more then several times.

gaara said:
I also suspect they don't particularily care about hackers, if VAC catches you hacking they simply ban your steam account so it's just extra money in their pockets if you decide you want to play any games you've already purchased again

I never looked at it that way....They dont care, they just ban so you will buy a new account and play there software...

Also this morning I decided to play, and I was playing at orginal de dust, and this mini map just ruined the entire game becuase as soon as I started to walk under the underpass I already knew where the CT's were, and where they were going.

It certainly looks more attractive, although I don't agree with having a map on it. It's also much too distracting. They need to fix it.

I too think that the new radar is retarded, it's way too distracting and it makes hiding in CS very diffucult.

Also ruins things like planting it in weird spots and hoping the enemy can't see it.

yea, it has its ups and downs. i like it, because i'm not THAT experienced at the game. i do, however, not like the inability to hide. also, with this update came all kinds of bugs. servers i normally play on that used to be smooth as butter are now full of studders and freezes. also, some maps you can shoot through 1, 2, 3 brick walls. and the deathbeams are f*cked up somestimes too....

I also really hate this new radar.. its stupid and unrealistic I guess.

Sorry how do I turn it off? Can i get my old one back even if it puts me at a disadvantage

You cant turn it off.

Thats the problem.

evrey server I have been to they have been calling it the Gaydar:p

Lots of CAL players are very ****ed with this.

Hopefully we can do somthing about it...

they won't get rid of it until people actually stop playing counterstrike, I can understand valve worked hard on it and may have thought they were decreasing the learning curve in the game

but YEAH, I really think Valve should have asked the community to at least beta test it when making such a huge change in the game, rather than just deciding to throw it in out of nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom