Need a game to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
OBLIVION - no multiplayer- but hey, come on, the game looks amazing in every conceivable way

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is alot of fun. IMO, its the best stealth game ever made, but meh, who cares about my opinion.

Oblivion is good. I'm about 2 hours into it and it and I'm likeing it so far despite it not being my type of game. The combat is kind of slow, but its alot better than morrowind's combat.

Everyone should play FEAR, its only the end thats the freaky part.

Quake 4 IMO is worth $30, especially if you don't have Quake 3.

I played the demo of Swat 4 and enjoyed it. the movement is tremendously slow but balanced. Its good if you like hardcore tac sims. For some-odd reason though, everytime I play the Swat 4 demo and than play America's Army, I get super-owned. I don't understand why, it just happens. :/

Do you have FarCry? it wasn't in your list and you might like it, I liked it untill i met the tridgens and then it was all downhill from there.

That should keep you busy nonetheless!

What's Oblivion like? Is it like morrowind where you dont really have any idea where to go next or is it more straitforward, I couldnt play morrowind because I got bored of the crappy combat and not knowing where to go next. Is the combat good it in or repetetive?

By good I mean Max payne, FEAR, Painkiller, Diablo 2 level fun combat. Medium combat would be WoW, vampire bloodlines, prince of persias. Boring combat would be morrowind, silent hills (I know they wernt about combat), gothic 1 and 2. Where's oblivion fit into that, medium or not quite?

My real question is, is it just the same thing as morrowind where you just walk up to the thing and click over and over. Or did they add some sort of combo thing, dodges, or mass combat to kill lots of things at once?

Also while Im at it whats another game with sweet combat (non multiplater)? Games with sweet combat that I've done are max payne 1 &2(these go beyond sweet, the combat is so much fun), doom 3, quake 4, fear, painkiller, and bloodrayne 2. I needs me some combat.

I have GTA for the PS2, so i dont really need it for the PC

I played the demo of Swat 4 and enjoyed it. the movement is tremendously slow but balanced. Its good if you like hardcore tac sims. For some-odd reason though, everytime I play the Swat 4 demo and than play America's Army, I get super-owned. I don't understand why, it just happens. :/

probably because you dont shoot the people in SWAT 4 :confused:

What's Oblivion like? Is it like morrowind where you dont really have any idea where to go next or is it more straitforward, I couldnt play morrowind because I got bored of the crappy combat and not knowing where to go next. Is the combat good it in or repetetive?

I would like to know this too

Do you have FarCry? it wasn't in your list and you might like it, I liked it untill i met the tridgens and then it was all downhill from there.

I heard some bad things about this game, and some good. So i wasnt sure if i should go for it or not go for it.

I also looked at black and white 2 but it looked really boring and kind of cheapy looking

I would highly recommend Deus Ex, not the crappy stupid second, but the original. The game lasts forever, has great character development and many other fantastic things.

It has puzzles to solve like HL, action like UT, stealth and espionage like Splinter Cell or System Shock 2. And you get to fight security robots that look like ones from Robocop. It has it all.
It was also #18 on Gamespy's top 50 all time list.

And you could probably find it for $10. The Hong Kong area of the game is worth twice that amount. I have played it no lesss than three time and am ready to play it again. And the weapons are cool. You can add mods to them and your character.

It is listed as an RPG from a first person perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom