Lords of the Fallen

Thanks- I was thinking about spending some time figuring it all out- glad it doesn't matter much-so I will just proceed. PC graphics look pretty good. Hopefully I wont loose stuff like you guys have.

You should be fine. I was confused about which keys I had. Thus game does not hold your hand but the audio notes give many hints. Pay attention ....

Well, went thru 2 screens to set up a character ad the game locked up- a Window appeared and somehow my virtual memory/paging was too low. Checked it out and it was set at zero= how the heck did that happen. OK set to 400mb and 800mb max - just because I don't know how much I need as I have never touched it. Restarted the game- it crashed again- this time no window on virtual memory. Verifying integrity of download now. Will keep you posted.

Did the steam fix, turned my settings down to low, and got it to work by "ESC" during the movie and the initial tutorial fight. Still lagged to the point of 1/2 of keystrokes do not register. LOL - cant kill the first warden- not even close. NO idea how to use magic or use health. Off to "youtube" for some help. Steam has a whole bunch of very irritated people that the game will not work at all. Wish I would have seen that earlier.

Last edited:
Well, went thru 2 screens to set up a character ad the game locked up- a Window appeared and somehow my virtual memory/paging was too low. Checked it out and it was set at zero= how the heck did that happen. OK set to 400mb and 800mb max - just because I don't know how much I need as I have never touched it. Restarted the game- it crashed again- this time no window on virtual memory. Verifying integrity of download now. Will keep you posted.

Did the steam fix, turned my settings down to low, and got it to work by "ESC" during the movie and the initial tutorial fight. Still lagged to the point of 1/2 of keystrokes do not register. LOL - cant kill the first warden- not even close. NO idea how to use magic or use health. Off to "youtube" for some help. Steam has a whole bunch of very irritated people that the game will not work at all. Wish I would have seen that earlier.

That sucks man... most of us are playing on the console version. Hope you can get it running on the proper. Its a decent game

where's your master race comments now carnage ahahahahahahahah

Hey "BE NICE".... Got it working, Apparently the DirectX fails to load properly. Anyhow- first game like this for me- so some of the being unable to beat the first warden is "on me" - not lag. But- the game really has some poor mechanics and fails miserably at telling you how to do stuff. Starting to get the hang of it, nearly ready to begin a new character and start over. I think i will enjoy the game more more as due to the loading difficulties in character build,etc. - i just hit enter, enter,enter to get thru the choices because it had failed so many times - then I did the first magic as well- so kind of a boring character right now with no ranged weapon, etc. - but at least I am to to point of enjoying it. Whats the deal with when you lock on an enemy you cant move at right angles to them- you circle them instead so they can hit you the whole time - LOL, I was howling/raging last night because of that- so now I do NOT lock on to any enemy.

Hey "BE NICE".... Got it working, Apparently the DirectX fails to load properly. Anyhow- first game like this for me- so some of the being unable to beat the first warden is "on me" - not lag. But- the game really has some poor mechanics and fails miserably at telling you how to do stuff. Starting to get the hang of it, nearly ready to begin a new character and start over. I think i will enjoy the game more more as due to the loading difficulties in character build,etc. - i just hit enter, enter,enter to get thru the choices because it had failed so many times - then I did the first magic as well- so kind of a boring character right now with no ranged weapon, etc. - but at least I am to to point of enjoying it. Whats the deal with when you lock on an enemy you cant move at right angles to them- you circle them instead so they can hit you the whole time - LOL, I was howling/raging last night because of that- so now I do NOT lock on to any enemy.
lol not against you man just giving carnage a hard time

As far as the not telling you how to do stuff these types of games make that a point of pride now holding you hand and giving you directions. Its kinda like you fight like this, now go have fun

It isn't really "failing miserably". That is how these games are. Part of the challenge is figuring things out for yourself. It is almost like learning an entire game genre from scratch. Those of us that have played the Souls games are in familiar territory. Your primary concern is stamina (energy) management. The most important things I can tell you for right now are forget what you think you know about combat in these games, take everything slowly and keep your shield up around enemies when you first see them. Also, consider increasing faith and learning some spells. Magic, especially at level 3 is very strong. It could be a game changer for someone new to this genre.

Last edited:
Energy management, equipment burden, stat attributes and weapon scaling is key. Each weapon has its own moveset. You are going to be tap dancing until you level your character and figure what works best for you. Then you be doing the brass monkey and not even thinking twice. You will get the ranged weapon in the game soon after you defeat the first warden .

Beastie Boys reference for Omo.

Back
Top Bottom