lol AHHAHAHAH IM SCREEWWEEEDD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is saying to get deneb over nehalem...but for current dual core users we want a quad that can clock higher and run on our current setups.

Phenoms are already capable of 3.5ghz and they were not suited for 65nm...they were made to be 45nm chips so deneb should be a large improvement.

Nobody is saying to get deneb over nehalem...but for current dual core users we want a quad that can clock higher and run on our current setups.

Phenoms are already capable of 3.5ghz and they were not suited for 65nm...they were made to be 45nm chips so deneb should be a large improvement.

Lets see some Deneb benchmarks before we make anymore statements like that. Also maybe a few driver updates for the Core i7's as well.

Will Phenom improve? DEFINETLY. Will Deneb be like the second coming? That I m going to have to doubt. So many people considered Core i7's to be the second coming. But judging from its performance in gaming, I'd say its not worth it has failed to deliver to the gaming community.

I have heard several people make that claim but I have yet to see them provide any expert opinions or other information to back it up.

Will Phenom improve? DEFINETLY. Will Deneb be like the second coming? That I m going to have to doubt. So many people considered Core i7's to be the second coming. But judging from its performance in gaming, I'd say its not worth it has failed to deliver to the gaming community.

I don't see how Core i7 could be considered anything other than a success. It offers a similar increase over Penryn as Conroe did over Presler/Cedar Mill. it also overcloks higher than any other quad on air cooling with the 920 hitting 4.4ghz The problem is most games don't support quads much less 8 threads which is why Wolfdale has been such a good choice for gaming. deneb will have the same disadvantage of games not supporting quads just like Bloomfield and Yorkfield.

I wasn't referring to overcooking, I was referring to the statement that Phenom wasn't made for 65nm. People keep saying that but I haven't seen any credible information to support it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post.

I wasn't referring to overcooking, I was referring to the statement that Phenom wasn't made for 65nm. People keep saying that but I haven't seen any credible information to support it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post.

The credible information is that 65nm phenoms suck lol.

Nah theyre not that bad, the first ones were horrible though with the tlb bug issue. But i believe AMD themselves stated that phenoms were made for 45nm, not 65nm.

But what i wanted you to see was how well the chip overclocks and performs at lower clock speeds:

amd deneb 45nm at 3.5 ghz

Keep in mind thats a chip that runs @ 2.3ghz stock.

Deneb does a 19 second super pi run at 3.5ghz while a 9850BE @ 3.6 barely got 21 seconds. So you can see how the chip is indeed faster clock for clock.

19.969s isn't much of an improvement vs 21s with a 100mhz clock difference considering superpi is hevily cache dependent and deneb has 3x the l3 cache for the 9850.

And super pi has never been amds strong point regardless of cache, and we all know that.

Im just showing you it is stronger. I wish i could find something like 3dmark06 but the chips wont be sent out to review until later this month or next month.

But several sources say that 4ghz is possible with a good cooler and the phenoms really start
to shine at those higher speeds so we will see.

Your arguments are getting unreasonable. The argument isn't over whether or not core i7 is faster.....it's twice as fast. but the question is whether or no Deneb is faster than Agena. The super Pi improvement can be achieved by tightening the timings on your memory. I don't care how good or bad AMD is at Super PI, if Deneb is that much of an improvement then we should see at least a decent improvement in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom