Sticky for gaming optimization tools?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
What tools do pros use to optimize their system and their gear for gaming?
Os optimization
periohreals optimization
Network optimization\etc.

got into playing fortnite few days ago and my inner nerd got activated big time on optimizing the setup lol
Bought a 180 dollar mouse and finally ran my network cable
New thermal paste on cpu gpu lol
Basically im in full nerd mode again now thanks to this game..

any pro fps gamers here? juat want to catch up on tricks.

Last time i went theough this phase was when unreal tournament came out.\
I had my pc hooked up to ac. But we have better gear now...

Not really needed these days. Don't use Discord or RGB/peripheral software in the background. Disable security mitigations in Windows, turn off all Defender BS, use the ultimate power plan (enabled with command prompt command), disable E-cores, that's about it.

It's all about highest frame rates and lowest frametimes, and using a screen with the least input lag and best pixel response which is OLED.

For networking simple as disabling rescv segment coalescing ipv4 and ipv6 to reduce packet loss. Then you got ISP/network hardware level stuff which gets more complicated.

I was listening to some pro fortnite players and they were mentioning that they use some kind of network optimization apps
And system optimization that basically has all the settings in one program
Thats what i was asking about,
Just realized that the post didnt make much sense, i forgot to finish the question lol

Arena machines aren't using bloat to clear bloat, and I bet these are the same dudes doing PR marketing for 500hz monitors as well. Shroud himself said it's hard to ascertain above 240hz, and that the difference is diminishing returns even between 120hz and 240hz. Mind you this was not on an OLED panel either. So I'd take what "pro" players say with a grain of salt. Remember, like other sports players if they are backed by a brand it's their job to market the product.
A good example of this outside of refresh are the Razer mice that have 8000hz polling. It can actually lead to a buffer overflow and slow you down lol.

As for networking specifically, if you are playing online you are at the mercy of your ISP connection, proximity to the server you are on, and your local hardware. The Windows network stack as it is does perfectly fine for any average player. Try this test and see what rating you get.
https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

yea at certain point it becomes a flex.
I dont think 480hz monitor will make any difference in gaming lol

Upgrading from a 20 dollar costco mouse to the ultralight gaming mouse did help alot with aim though

This whole thing is more for nerding out than anything useful.
My ocd is kicking in and im back into squeezing the last piece of juice out of my setup like always

Upgrading from a 20 dollar costco mouse to the ultralight gaming mouse did help alot with aim though
100% agree. IMO mouse over keyboard.
This whole thing is more for nerding out than anything useful.
My ocd is kicking in and im back into squeezing the last piece of juice out of my setup like always
That's the bad thing about the current state of the hobby. Outside of a few small things it's just all automatic now. Gets really boring.

Back
Top Bottom