lol AHHAHAHAH IM SCREEWWEEEDD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This computer has to last me a while anyway so if i buy an LGA775 and im unable to upgrade whats the point? I wanna get a Corei7 920 2.6ghz (OC it to 3ghz) + Sli 260GTX 216 OC Edition + 6GB 1600MHZ Patriot Ram.

How many generations do you think it will be before we can see a achievable and above all stable OC to 7GHz?

AMD is on the move, though, so don't count them out. They are getting ready to move to 42nm, and will be moving to 32(?) next year. If they hold to their plan, things will at least stay competitive.

IMO, people are underestinating Deneb (45nm Phenom) right now.
It's going to have a good increase in IPC over Agena (some are saying 15-20%), and it looks like a great overclocker too.
And, it's also compatible with existing motherboards, while being priced well.

I haven't given them a try yet so I can not judge, but I am expecting to see a increase over my 4200+ hopefully they will get better when AM3 is the current AMD socket.

It's going to have a good increase in IPC over Agena (some are saying 15-20%), and it looks like a great overclocker too.

I know its good, but its chance to beat Nehalem is quite slim though.. I mean for the price if it beats Yorkfield "yay!" would be my reaction... then it'd beat Nehalem price to performance wise too

A 15-20% increase will still leave it well behind nehalem. Plus a Core i7 920 will do 4.4ghz on air so it's a more than capable overclocker. You also have the option to run sli or crossfire on x58 motherboards which is very useful since you have flexibility selecting graphics cards.

Deneb may be a good improvement over agena but Phenom is just to far behind and if the current benchmarks are any indication i7's lead will only grow as apps become more multi threaded.

I'm not looking for an argument I'm just giving my .02 on why people aren't interested in deneb.

^ Another reason i want i7 is because if i want sli now i have to use an Nvidia Chipset. Yuk.

I know its good, but its chance to beat Nehalem is quite slim though.. I mean for the price if it beats Yorkfield "yay!" would be my reaction... then it'd beat Nehalem price to performance wise too
It's not going to beat Nehalem, but it'll be a lot cheaper. It might come close, depending on the application.
Though given that Nehalem doesn't have such a large performance boost in gaming, Deneb should be great for gaming boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom