Its A Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only way any typical computer user could run their computer with no AV or Anti spyware is if they had an image of their HDD and reimaged every night at 12...or something

wow, you just keeps on coming.. One thing that you had going there is you take flame quite well :p.. but i wouldn't be surprised that people flame you regularly..

you'd think that somehow AV companies are involved in a huge conspiracy about creating the floods of virus, you'd be seriously on drugs (god i hate these conspiracy nuts).. I don't even know how to respond to such stupidity..

hey furtivefelon, if your such a genius then can you please tell me why anybody would ever send out viruses for no profit? it seems like you think people do this for charity

majored in computer industry? obviously you have no idea wtf your talking about.. tell me what you've learnt in the last 45 years :D

hard_assteel said:
hey ausie...oops i meant to say harper, why don't you start letting people know that all they have to do is backup their files and reinstall their os if anything happens to their computers, then that way you can be out of a job.

Hey DUMBASS,
Believe it or not, there is a lot of people that are intimidated with the idea having to back up, format c:, re-install windows.

Believe it or not, I tell to my clients before going out on site.

This is me on a normal day on the phone :-
CLIENT :- I think I have a virus on the computer. Can you help me?
ME :- Sure. I got 2 approaches. The first one is to manually remove the virus via various anti-virus programs. Failing that, I would then need to back up your hard drive, format it, and then re-install windows. Charges are $X per hour. First hour in chargable. After that it charge on a half hourly basis
CLIENT :- Cool. When can you come over?

Besides, backing up data easy. Restoring it and previous settings so that Joe End User can still use it is where the skill come in. Please note, that I am not dealing with MY COMPUTER, I am dealing with some one else's computers. And 9 times out 10, they normally want to working the way it was before they had the problems.

hard_assteel said:
I didnt want to make fun of you but you forced to make fun of you, i hope it makes you feel bad, and i hope you realize that your job is worthless...i didnt say anything, you said this to yourself.

No offence taken. In fact I am laughing harder at you as you just discribe what I do actualy do for a living, and try to trying to take the piss out of me in doing so.
I do tell people what I have to do before going out there, that so if/when I have been stuck for 5 or 6 hour onsite because of Joe-End-User's most valued pr0n, MP3 and Dvix collection needed to be saved because the hard drive was about to get formatted.
And it my way of legally covering myself because i did tell the client exactly what needed to get done before when out on site.

So have another cup on me.....
coffee_stfu.jpg

jinglebob said:
more than you,, i know a lot about computers and their efficacy to society is very great!!!!!!!!!!

learn to spell before judging my technical skills..

did you figure all that out by yourself? :amazed:

Static_11 said:
hey dumbass.. oops i meant hard_assteel... WHY FORMAT WHEN YOU HAVE A VIRUS... AND IF YOU DIDNT HAVE A AV THEN HOW WOULD YOU KNOW YOU HAD ONE
There is a few signs that are dead give away.

Computer rebooting itself constantly and you know it not the PSU is one of them is a sign.

Your phone bill suddenly increasing because of Internation Phone Called to pr0n BBS some where in the middle east.

People from your Outlook address book replying back to you saying that you just send them a virus.

And then there is countless list of signs for Adware, which can be just as destructive as Viruses.

A few years ago, I would of gotten away with out any virus scanners at all on my computer. But know that a virus can simply slip in via email, and then infect your computer the second you open the email (not even the attachment now days), I find that having a relaible anti virus package is a must.

jinglebob said:
harper, what do you do?
My offical role is Operation Manager.

I work for an IT Service and Consultation Company.
Part of my day to day chores are PC/Server/Network Build, Service and Repair (both inhouse / onsite / internal / external)
Currently on my 5th year at where I work. And i have been in the IT insdustry for the last 11 years. And I am currently look at branching out into adding Electrical and Security Systems next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom