iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^did I say that?

Apple vs Microsoft, Consoles vs PCs, iPhones vs Android phones, etc etc etc. Each party will believe they have made the right choice.
You guys have been great so far, I'm just putting in a *friendly* reminder, as these topics be dangerous waters to swim in.

Oic :p I thought u were saying we wern't allowed.. so i was confused lol.

I would of been pretty angry if it wern't allowed. Arguing is so fun ! :D

Galaxy S has no gyroscope. The game sucks balls without Gyroscope.

I am also willing to bet $10 it doesn't look quite as good :smile: It has a bigger, lower res screen, Android is a smaller market and each Android phone is different - optimization for specific hardware would be difficult, time consuming, and expensive.

The Captivate actually does have a gyroscope but I'm not sure if other galaxy S derivatives do as well.

Given the iphone 4's weaker gpu it's higher res screen may not be much of an advantage.

I didn't even know the captivate had a Gyroscope o_O

Seems to be an advantage so far. **** looks awesome on it.

One nice thing about owning an iPhone that hasn't been mentioned yet is the customer service that accompanies it. If there's ever something wrong with your iPhone all you need to do is visit the apple store and they'll most likely give you a brand new phone for free or quickly fix your problem.

I recently upgraded to iPhone 4 and had a 3G beforet that.. about 18 months into my ownership of the 3G I noticed a crack slowly spreading up the back starting at the doc connector. I made an appointment at the apple store. I showed up and was in and out in 15 minutes with a brand new phone which cost me absolutely nothing.

Apple employees and AppleCare are generally quite nice and friendly.

Just a thought in this discussion..

Man i had that crack on my phone, never went to the apple store though. Last time i went with when i had a charge error message keep coming up, they examined the phone in front of me and told me i had water damage.

I think i was unlucky though, i have heard much more good things from Apple support than bad.

This isnt even a joke, but American and Canadian people are all happy and smiley, British people arn't so :p I bet you are more likely to get a free repair or free iphone in north america than over here.

One nice thing about owning an iPhone that hasn't been mentioned yet is the customer service that accompanies it. If there's ever something wrong with your iPhone all you need to do is visit the apple store and they'll most likely give you a brand new phone for free or quickly fix your problem.

I recently upgraded to iPhone 4 and had a 3G beforet that.. about 18 months into my ownership of the 3G I noticed a crack slowly spreading up the back starting at the doc connector. I made an appointment at the apple store. I showed up and was in and out in 15 minutes with a brand new phone which cost me absolutely nothing.

Apple employees and AppleCare are generally quite nice and friendly.

Just a thought in this discussion..

IMO I would rather have a product that doesn't break than one that does and has good support. I have broken 4 iPods, and not purposely, just through use. they dont hold up. My powerbook fell apart as well. The aluminum was cheap and got dented and beat up from just sitting in my backpack, never seen another laptop do that. Puddle can vouch for the lack of build quality, he had is Netbook as often as I had the powerbook at college and his was in fine shape, mine fell apart. I can't imagine somehow Apple has turned a new leaf and has made a bullet proof product in the iPhone.

It's also worth noting that is the battery goes out in an iPod ro iPhone you have to send it to the factory for replacement, which can take up to a week. Every other phone I know of has a user replaceable battery. You could make the argument that the battery doesn't go bad in the usable life of the iPhone but i know more than a few people who have had it croak.

Other products do break though. My acer netbook stopped seeing the battery after only 3 months, and that thing was never abused.

My LG Viewty phone was absolute crap.. plasticy thing the paint came off and it just stopped working after a year.

And sorry ZMatt but you either don't look after iPods as well as you think you do or your just unlucky, i don't personally have one but my sister has had the same ipod classic for atleast 4 years now, and sure it is scratched and stuff but it works perfectly.

Anyway i don't quite see the logic in what you have said. I would rather have a product that may break after a year of use that i know i can replace for free quickly and easily then one that i know should last several years but if it doesn't im screwed. The only apple product to break on me was my old iPhone, but that was from water damage when i went skiing, kinda my own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom