iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you can play Quake 3 properly. Look it up on youtube, you can even verse over Wifi someone on a pc on the network.

That's even better than. The site I was looking at must have had old info.

I'm looking forward to trying it when I get an android phone.

Did you not see that disgusting yellow tinge on the video i posted? 9:30

No, you can play Quake 3 properly. Look it up on youtube, you can even verse over Wifi someone on a pc on the network.

I can see the yellow tinge, but as i said before - this is due to a bad batch of screens just like the 3GS. It's pretty unacceptable in my opinion. But it's true. Mine does not have this tinge at all.

This looks better than quake 3 ;)

Looks super sharp in RL.

Here is a pic of my IP4 on engadget. The camera actually does make this look less white than it really is, which may explain why it looked so yellow in the video. I'll take another picture and adjust the white balance and other settings on the camera properly in a while, see if i can get it to look accurate.

P1020550.jpg

edit:

Just viewed the pic on dads Dell monitor (everyone knows dell make the best monitors) and the pic looked much whiter as that screen has been calibrated, so it seems it's just my crappy tn panel monitor making it have a slight yellow tinge.

Samsung makes the best monitors not dells, and dells are just rebranded samsungs.

Fine. one of the top manufacturers. And yes, quite a lot of things use Samsung panels. The panel is only half the story in a good picture.

Google it. People basically argue Dell/Samsung/NEC make the best monitors. Anyway, what is the best monitor is nothing to do this thread. Whether it is or isn't, it is a fantastic monitor that cost over the £400 mark and is less than 1 year old. And is reviewed with ratings above 9/10 and above across the board. It is also professionaly calibrated. It shows the pic i took as white, not a yellow tint..

Besides, that is a matter of opinion. If you really are talking about the best panels, Eizo and NEC make monitors costing over £1000 a pop and truly are the best monitors even at commercial grade. Mitsubishi still make CRT's for graphic artists aswell which are in a similar price field.

I can see the yellow tinge, but as i said before - this is due to a bad batch of screens just like the 3GS. It's pretty unacceptable in my opinion. But it's true. Mine does not have this tinge at all.

This looks better than quake 3 ;)

I believe NOVA is available for Android as well and seeing how the Galaxy S phones have the most powerful gpu currently available for smartphones they shouldn't have a problem playing it.

I believe NOVA is available for Android as well and seeing how the Galaxy S phones have the most powerful gpu currently available for smartphones they shouldn't have a problem playing it.

Galaxy S has no gyroscope. The game sucks balls without Gyroscope.

I am also willing to bet $10 it doesn't look quite as good :smile: It has a bigger, lower res screen, Android is a smaller market and each Android phone is different - optimization for specific hardware would be difficult, time consuming, and expensive.

This is your friendly neighbourhood mod reminding you all that if this thread turns into an iphone vs android war I'll hit you on the head with this:
images

lol not actually the banhammer, I just don't know the technical terms for any of the smaller hammers/sticks. warningnunchucks? iuno. Whatever the name is, it'll still hurt tho.
You get my point ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom