increasing bit rate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prelude92 said:
interesting.. i thought increasing the bit rate would improve the quality of the music. ...

increasing the bitrate will compress an already compressed song. so it actually will sound worse

but as i heard the new sound blaster X-FI can restore the lost quailty for mp3 or wma and it can make mp3 or wma sounds better than the original cd.

is that true???

maroon1 said:
but as i heard the new sound blaster X-FI can restore the lost quailty for mp3 or wma and it can make mp3 or wma sounds better than the original cd.

is that true???

Impossible. Unless you are playing back those original CD's on crappy speakers.

i'm pretty sure it tries to enhance the quality by rebuilding the cut off parts of waves, made in compression, but no, it cant make it better than the original CD.

joshd said:
i'm pretty sure it tries to enhance the quality by rebuilding the cut off parts of waves, made in compression, but no, it cant make it better than the original CD.

that's the point. that is impossible to do

"MP3 Bitrate Converters are commonly used to reduce the bitrate of an MP3 file so that is becomes smaller and so more can fit on a portable MP3 player." -from the site i posted earlier. is this the only reason why bit rate is important?

this place makes me chuckle... violently.

Lets see... how can I explain this. Bitrate... OK... I've got it. Say you've got a recording of a guitar. It was recorded at 44.1khz (standard sample rate) and a bit rate of 16 (standard for CD's). Say there was a little man in the tape machines that was doing the sampling... and to sample, he had to run to the signal and run back and write it down or "record it to tape". If he was doing this for a sample rate of 44.1k, then he would be running back and forth 44,100 times per second. Now, of course he can only bring back what he remembers. How much can his brain hold? Well, 16 bits. If he studied more in school, he could have a brain power (or bitrate) of 24 bits.

Now, if something was recorded at 24bits, and I use a soundcard at 16bits, then it will sound bad compared to the 24bit since you have lost 8 bits. If something was recorded at 16 bits and was played back on a 24bit soundcard, there would be NO difference because there isn't 24 bits to play back, only 16.

Got it? I could go deeper, but i'm very tired and have had a rough week.

maroon1 said:
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/multimedia/creative-x-fi-part2.html

it say in this link that the 24-bit Crystalizer can mp3 sounds better than a cd

are they lying to us???

yes.

think about it. how can they make money if they tell you the truth? they can't. so they distort the facts because they know that most people don't know the details about audio.

a lot of speaker manufacturers have been lying to the public for years

the 24-bit Crystalizer is an eq circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom