stevethebrain

In Runtime
Can I increase RAM to improve performance

OS win 7

OS drive Samsung evo SSD 500GB

Ram 8 GB

CPU i5-model 3470

I think the 32 bit OS won’t allow any more ram than what I have

Mainly use to browse net using firefox as browser, when I check weather at MSN.com or browse F-book or dare do a google search,while watching newsmax on rumble

Someone seams to freezeup Rumble which are spreading thereal news.

Thanks for advicedell specs.jpg

It will not work on your system, and even if it did, there's no way you'd get any performance gains.
As I can see, it is a very old computer whose motherboard is set to work with no more than 3.4GB of RAM. There's already added RAM and it's currently 8GB, but the motherboard can only use 3.41GB. And any adding changes absolutely nothing.
If you currently have 2 x 4GB there, feel free to take one of them out, as it won't work there either anyway. You can only put a maximum of 4GB there and that's it.
dell specs.jpg

It will not work on your system, and even if it did, there's no way you'd get any performance gains.
As I can see, it is a very old computer whose motherboard is set to work with no more than 3.4GB of RAM. There's already added RAM and it's currently 8GB, but the motherboard can only use 3.41GB. And any adding changes absolutely nothing.
If you currently have 2 x 4GB there, feel free to take one of them out, as it won't work there either anyway. You can only put a maximum of 4GB there and that's it.
View attachment 15079
It's not limited by hardware, it's limited by having a 32bit operating system which caps at 3.5GB.

Can I increase RAM to improve performance

OS win 7

OS drive Samsung evo SSD 500GB

Ram 8 GB

CPU i5-model 3470

I think the 32 bit OS won’t allow any more ram than what I have

Mainly use to browse net using firefox as browser, when I check weather at MSN.com or browse F-book or dare do a google search,while watching newsmax on rumble

Someone seams to freezeup Rumble which are spreading thereal news.

Thanks for adviceView attachment 15078
You need to install a 64bit version of Windows and you'll have all 8GB available. Whether or not you can expand that to 16 or 32GB depends on your motherboard.

It's not limited by hardware, it's limited by having a 32bit operating system which caps at 3.5GB.

You need to install a 64bit version of Windows and you'll have all 8GB available. Whether or not you can expand that to 16 or 32GB depends on your motherboard.
I can clone another HDD that's 64 bit OS. I have 4 RAM slots I believe this mobo can handle 16GB of RAM.

? is will increasing RAM prevent the browser conflicts described in initial post.thanks

Just to let you know, the faster the RAM, the faster the processing speed of the system. However, there are other ways to increase the RAM like using a PC optimizer software or a PC Cleanup software that can help to boost the overall performance.

Just to let you know, the faster the RAM, the faster the processing speed of the system. However, there are other ways to increase the RAM like using a PC optimizer software or a PC Cleanup software that can help to boost the overall performance.
It would be an awfully big discovery if it works.
Maybe you can explain how you do it.

yup yup yup...
The best way to increase your ram is to download more RAM!!

Back
Top Bottom