How good is the 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those retards in the PC magazines usually don't know crap

they probably have PNY because it can easily be picked up in any store

oh, and eVGA cards are made in the nVidia labs (or that's what i've been told), which ensures better quality

and PNY is the maker of the so-called "crappy" XFX cards

aaaaaaaand last but not least, the eVGA received 160 reviews, while the PNY has a mere 21, showing that most people know that eVGA is better...more than 7 times the reviews

Are you getting the above stats from New Egg? Just wondering. Actually more people buy the eVGA cause it's a little cheaper (bout $10 not including shiiping 'n stuff). I think I'd rather pay $10 extra dollars to purchase somthing I have used before and know holds up very good (PNY Geforce FX-5200). Not that I am bashing eVGA or anything, it's just that I don't know much about them and have always used PNY. As far as quality goes, they are (as far as I can tell and have researched) almost exactly the same. The only difference is the PNY card is supposed to have a more effecient and quieter cooling unit (again, from what I have read elsewhere). Unless there is somthing special that I have not been informed of about the eVGA card, I am heavily leaning towards PNY. If there is a difference between quality someone please let me know. Other than that I do not need anymore info. Thanks to all who helped-
::-Chase-::

eVGAs cards are among the best (if not the best) overclockers around. eVGA also has excellent customer/tech support. And their quality in general is superb

and when i was at circuit city a week ago, the only brand i could find was PNY (plus another brand - manali, to which i was like "what the...?"). 'nuff said

P.S. to say that its the only brand Circuit City carries is NOT a compliment

=Disregard above post=
I just found out the main $10 difference. The PNY has better cooling sys. (as I said before) and has RAM heat sinks where as the eVGA does not. Looks like I am going for the PNY. End of thread guys. Thanks for the help-

ok Chase, BobTheBuilder has totally thrown u off line, and thus u are buying the worse of the 2 cards.
also if u would look at the number of posts these people have, like nubius has almost 9000 posts, dhw has almost 1500 and diablo2 has almost 3000!!! and your relying on what u heard from a guy with 30???
EVGA is better than PNY period

JoshM said:
Get the BFG 6600 gt OC pcix card. It's nice.

Its more expensive, and they OC it out of the box by a few mhz and call it a massive increas. Its much easier to get a cheaper card and OC it.

Thanks for backing us up Onyo

OK, for the last time (not that I am doubting you onyo) what is the BIG difference in the PNY and eVGA. WHAT IS THE REASON I SHOULD BUY THE eVGA over the PNY??? People keep telling me which to buy but never justify why. All that is ever said is that "eVGA is better than PNY" or "PNY is better than eVGA". Someone please tell me WHY one is better than the other!-

eVGA = better build quality, more headroom for overclocking. In fact, when overclockers look for a card, they look to eVGA

eVGA = Excellent customer service/tech support, great RMA policies, and a step up program that allows u to upgrade your card and pay only the difference

It is also commonly accepted (for good reason) that eVGA dominated the GeForce 6 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom