How good is the 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
I am thinking of purchasing a 6600GT because I need a new graphics card and I am on a budget. Is the 6600GT good enough to deliever high performance gaming graphics for games such as BF2, HL2, Doom 3, and UT 2004? Anyone who can give me input on this I greatly thank-
::-Chase-::

It depends what you consider to be high performance gaming graphics, but I can run those games very well with mine.

Yep run's em great

However done expect Full AA, and on BF2 don't expect full lighting for some reason

for BF2 its because its so damn buggy and the new patch doesn't fix any of those problems. nice going DICE. but if you buy a 6600GT, you'll be bulletproof untill UT2007 is released.

Heyyo,

I remember hearing the 6600GT AGP version has problems with a few people, me bud is one of them. So yeah, careful on that. The PCI-E seems to run flawless since it was built for that. Technically, the 6600GT was the fastest AGP card made.. but due to its probs with AGP, I say the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro's the best AGP card. One of the best selling ATI vidcards too.

So yeah, for PCI-E price to preformance ratio? the 6600GT, for a top-knotch AGP card? ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, or you could risk the 6600GT AGP version n' hope yours works fine..

Umm the x850XT PE and 6800 Ultra are made in AGP

6600GT AGP versions wo rk fine as well

Not only is the 6600GT non native AGP, the 6800 Ultra is Native AGP

Yeah the 6600GT AGP is as good as the PCI-e version, there's nothing wrong with it, no bugs. The 6600GT is nowhere near the fastest AGP card made. And the 9800Pro is not worth the money. Definitely get the 6600GT over that.

Hey, buddy, the 9800 is still a great card and personally, I would fit that into my budget instead of a 6600Gt which is still OkAy *COUGH*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom