How good is the 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, now that I know the 6600GT is a winner, I need to decide which manufacture to buy from. PNY, eVGA, or another brand? I recently owned an FX-5200 from PNY and it was great! Is there a better manufacture? Thanks for all who help-
::-Chase-::

im looking for a new vid card.. whats the best card to get for the buck.. like cna i get a 9800 or 6600 for under 100

Well, the 6600 ranges from about $155 to $180 (depending on the brand you get). I'm not so sure about the 9800. I have owned both Radeon and Nvidia video cards and neither have let me down so far so if you do pick between those 2 you should be in good shape.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I'm not looking for the cheapest, but the chip with the best quality. Thanks for any input-

How is eVGA better than PNY? (just asking because I have no knowledge regarding eVGA, although I have heard of it). It is down to those two manufactures. What are some pros and cons of each (besides price)? All help is greatly appriciated-

PNY makes Verto, just as a note. ---
Anyone running SLI with two 6600 GT's? If so how do they run? Better than a 6800 GT? Just curious-

BobTheBuilder said:
Well, EVGA is not a really well known brand of cards though they may be cheaper I think they're not reliable. PNY is well known and reliable but costs more. I'd go with an XfX, PNY, Verto, BFG..

Not EVGA

What the hell r u talking about? eVGA is one of the best known nvidia brands around, and the cards are often of the best quality. PNY aint that good.

BobTheBuilder said:
AINT is not a word ;) Also, I've never seen any eVGA brand card at all in any pc magazine I would never buy it. And PNY are good.

Sorry, i should have said PNY is not that good. eVGA is one of the best nvidia brands around, if not the best. And this is not fanboyism - they are great quality, great value, great overclockers, they have great support and they have a step up program. As for whether or not you see them in magazines, magazines generally only present one brand, and that brand has often paid the mag to print their add

ain't ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nt)
Nonstandard
Contraction of am not.
Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.
Usage Note: Ain't has a long history of controversy. It first appeared in 1778, evolving from an earlier an't, which arose almost a century earlier as a contraction of are not and am not. In fact, ain't arose at the tail end of an era that saw the introduction of a number of our most common contractions, including don't and won't. But while don't and won't eventually became accepted at all levels of speech and writing, ain't was to receive a barrage of criticism in the 19th century for having no set sequence of words from which it can be contracted and for being a “vulgarism,” that is, a term used by the lower classes, although an't at least had been originally used by the upper classes as well. At the same time ain't's uses were multiplying to include has not, have not, and is not, by influence of forms like ha'n't and i'n't. It may be that these extended uses helped fuel the negative reaction. Whatever the case, criticism of ain't by usage commentators and teachers has not subsided, and the use of ain't is often regarded as a sign of ignorance. ·But despite all the attempts to ban it, ain't continues to enjoy extensive use in speech. Even educated and upper-class speakers see no substitute in folksy expressions such as Say it ain't so and You ain't seen nothin' yet. ·The stigmatization of ain't leaves us with no happy alternative for use in first-person questions. The widely used aren't I? though illogical, was found acceptable for use in speech by a majority of the Usage Panel in an earlier survey, but in writing there is no acceptable substitute for the stilted am I not?
Aint has long been accepted as a usable word...regardless, english lessons aren't the point of this topic.

eVGA is a highly reputable brand and if you live by what PC Magazines you've read then you've got a really short sighted view of hardware.

Not only are the one of the top quality manufacturers like dhw points out, they are great overclockers as well....in terms of the actual company they have good technical support as well as the 'step up program' which is nice for trading in an old card to upgrade.

It's pretty ignorant to say "They are not well known and they aren't reliable" when the sentence should read "I've personally never heard of them, so I can't form an opinion, however...PNY is blah blah blah"

Continue living in your world of ignorance if you must, but don't slander a companies product that you haven't heard of and call it unreliable simply because it hasn't been in any 'PC Magazine' that you read.

oh! crap, i though he wanted an agp to keep cost down. otherwise ur right the 9800 does not come in a AGP version
You got that backwards....they only come in AGP version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom