How do i un-lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
well i started off the school year with straight A's, all the way up until now

i dropped to 5a's and 2b's now, since i've gotten very lazy at school

good thing freshman grades don't count, but as my sophmore year approaches, it will

i'm afraid i'll become really lazy again

can anyone give me tips on how to not become lazy (it's harder than ya think :D)

thx

I've been working on the recipe for that for years now dude :D

I used to be an honor roll student, spelling be winner, honors classes, all that crap and then bam highschool hit and I was just like 'meh I dont have to do homework' :p

Well I don't see how freshman year doesn't count, thats insane. But let me tell you this...

Trying to become 'un-lazy' is sopossed to be harder then quiting smoking, so good luck to you.

All four years of high school, including freshman, are averaged together to get your overall GPA. Freshman year does count.

Best prescription? Step back and look at what you want.

Do you want to scrape by in school, and spend the rest of your life wandering from menial job to menial job, working by the sweat of your brow and the strength of your back? If so, then you're already set. Be warned, however, that when youth fades, you will find that this is a rather hard row to hoe.

Or do you want to actually pursue a dream, or become something in particular? Figure out how bad you want it, and look at what you need to do to accomplish it.

Long term goals are hard to visualize, so try this. Instead of looking forward three years, do it one semester at a time. Oh, I don't mean to ignore what classes you need and all, because you still have to lay all of that out. But, as far as grades go, take it one semester at a time.

You don't have to do THAT good in highschool to persue your dreams......

that's a load of crap in most instances.....

If you can't go to a university right away start off at a junior college......from there it doesn't matter if you were a failure in high school or valedictorian.....get junior college down then upgrade to university if you want to go somewhere fancy.

I failed a total of 7 semesters in my high school 'career' and I still passed with my senior year having 2 open classes, 1st and 6th which meant I arrived 1 hour later and left 1 hour earlier than everyone else and had 15 extra credits over the needed amount to graduate.

GPS doesn't matter unless you plan on getting scholarships. But, hey, if you're parents are loaded and willing to foot the entire college bill, don't worry about it.

Many universities look at your transcripts, even if you went to a junior college. Better grades can open a lot of doors. Even with grants.

Here in Tennessee, the new lottery is funding scholarships. But these new scholarships have minimum grade requiremnets. Last I heard, the requirements were going up. So grades do count for something.

Nubius said:
I've been working on the recipe for that for years now dude :D

I used to be an honor roll student, spelling be winner, honors classes, all that crap and then bam highschool hit and I was just like 'meh I dont have to do homework' :p

Try going to a work at your own pace school

Instead of not having to do homework, you dont have to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom