Help me get fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I remember is making a nice milkshake. Some milk, yogurt, and fruits and blend them up, gets you a lot of fruit and fiber pretty easily, sorta filling. And I'll second the once you start don't stop. A few weeks of doing something will put you in a comfortable routine. But stopping is easy and you lose your gains quickly.

Have a smoothie in the morn if your lazy then get the innocent smoothies (not sure if you get them in the US) they are the healthiest premade smoothies in the uk. Have a pint of it in the morn. Fructose is the sugar in fruits and unlike glucose which gives you vrtually instant energy or carbs which firstly make you tired then 3-4 hours later give you energy its a nice inbetween. Have a bacon and egg sandwich once a week to mix up the flavours a bit.

As you are at school it would be a good thing to get into the habit of having 5 small meals a day rather then 3 larger ones. It will result in you not feeling as hungry as a whole ofcourse you have to find a balance for you that works with your life. At break have something healthy like some yogurt or fruit. Lunch wraps or sandwiches hide the salad behind the meat which predominantly should be chicken with 2 times of the working week having red meat. Then when you get home have some more fruit or some healthy snacks like houmous and whole grain pitta bread. Dinner should be 2 parts veg one part meat and one part carb in very basic terms. You do need fat in your diet but the key is to not to over do it avoid oils which are just liquid fat or use a minimal amount of oil.

The majority of people don't like green vegetables I heard this was because of the chlorophyll which is the green pigment has quite a bitter flavour. Bitterness is the human bodies natural way to avoid eating poisonous foods and when a young child these taste buds are enhanced. This creates a subconcious image that green veg is wrong and tastes disgusting creating a mental block. However your taste buds change there are many things which I hated 4 years ago but because I will always keep trying them i have rediscovered foods I now love. I hate oysters they make me gag but if I see one on offer I will always try it but warn people that i am with that I don't particularly like them but want to change. You have to conquer your mind then you body will follow suit.

5 small meals is another nice suggestion, yeah. Keeps the metabolism higher, burn more calories. If you're worried about the caffeine I'd recommend switching to tea or coffee rather than coke. Black or green tea has some caffeine and is pretty healthy too. So can coffee if you don't add a ton of sugar/cream to it. If you can't stand the flavor of either you can get some sugar-free energy drinks, maybe. Probably a lot of chemical crap in there but at least no calories or sugar.

Look for guarana products much healthier then caffeine I reccomend 9ussy the drink (spelt with a p can't because of filter). You might also want to invest in some ginko biloba helps with attention spans may benefit you if your feeling lethargic in lessons.

p.s. I got a bit carried away last time :s didn't realise I wrote that much

liposuction

jk

-stop drinking soda. drink water...lots of it. soda will just make you fatter, unhealthier, and will inhibit beneficial bodily functions
-exercise for 30 minutes (get your heart pumping hard and get sweaty. masturbation is NOT exercise) at least 3 times a week
-balance your diet. google "food pyramid" and go from there
-read labels on food items BEFORE you buy them. avoid items high in fat.
-if fruits/veges don't fill you up for a snack, then just eat more of them.
-don't be scared of red meat, just be smart about it. get leaner cuts and don't make it the main part of your diet.
-turkey is very delicious and LEAN. you can make turkey burgers, there's turkey bacon, turkey hot dogs, etc. TURKEY FTW
-consider taking a GOOD multivitamin (centrum is not one of them - GNC makes a great MegaMen Sport Multivitamin, I recommend it)

let me tell you from experience: there are some VERY good healthy foods out there. strawberries are freakin DELICIOUS, for example. carrots w/ FAT FREE ranch dressing is a wonderful snack. turkey burgers are the staple of my diet.

example of my diet:

breakfast
turkey bacon, cheerios, small bowl of fruit (whatever I have), protein shake (to go with morning workout routine)

lunch
turkey sandwich or subway fit sub, fruits or veges, low fat snack bar of some sort

dinner

chicken breast or turkey, potatoes, veges and fruits

try p90x diet system work out plan its 1 hour a day, it takes 3 months for the first stage this thing is a life changer. im going to be doing it soon. alot of buddies from shcool have done it and it worked. its about 120$ and you only need a yoga mat, a set of weights or resistance bands, and a pull up bar. youl be on your way to good health in 90 days :D this thign has spread sheets diet planing, and all sorts of work out videos and give you a scheduel.does thingsl iek yoga for body toning and everything. you do it 100% for an hour everyday yoru garanteed a 6pac body lol. not spamming or anything but this thing is legit garantees you will get into shape.

good health = healthy diet and cardio. you don't need any equipment or fancy gadgets for that. sure, if you want to add muscle you can do the resistance training stuff too.

ignore all the talk of diets (except maybe weight watchers, I don't know much about it). Diets are too commonly fad things like south beach and atkins. they will make you lose weight but at a price. what you need to do is change your lifestyle in terms of what you eat.

like what everyone has said so far, cut out the pizza, bacon and chinese. dont feel full all the time? that will change. I am assuming you probably borderline gorge at each meal. your stomach will shrink over the course of a couple days if you stop that. eat 5 times a day and eat small portions. egg whites for breakfast are good. great source of protein and no cholesterol from the yoke. lunch? make a salad with turkey or chicken in it and use a light dressing (or an oil based one). dinner, chicken breast or some form of fish that isnt soaked in grease.

drink lots of water. its tought but about a gallon a day. start taking a multivitamin and you will feel more awake and alert. there are numerous why you could be feeling lethargic. a multi will cover any vitamin deficiency and exercise will help you sleep better at night, and make you feel more awak during the day. get your simple carbs from pastas and the like. get your sugars naturally from fruits. and eat plenty of veggies. its really that easy. also, things like broccoli, grapefruit, and blue berries actually burn calories while digesting.

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

well, almost. there's actually a pill being developed with chemicals from marijuana that will help folks lose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom