HARPER'S MOVING EXPERIENCE (Yes, this is a rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
May 22, i was talking with my folks about moving back home.
First reason was that I would like to save up some cash as I am sick to death about living from one week to the next.
Second reason was that Goki and My Freindship has been on a down hill track ever since we moved into that house. And it sort of had it explosive finale about a month ago.
Long reply cut short was NO. Main reason was that when I moved out, the rest of my family moved various rooms around. And even if there is a space for a bed and a computer, it's the rest of my shit (2 Sofa, 1x Futon, 2x Coffee Tables, 1x Dinning table, TV, Stereo, 3x White Goods.... blah... blah... blah).
Like my parents would welcome me back, but I would need to clear a few rooms first as my parents dicovered ebay about 2 years ago.
My dad suggested that I should sort my shit out my Goki. And if I need more money, try to get a 4th person pay rent into the house.

That night, I was about to talk to Goki about it, but he was in a shitty mood.

MAY 23
So the next morning I desided to pop the idea to him about getting some one else to move in.
ME :- Look, I am sick to death about living from one pay cheque to the next. Lets get another person paying rent into this house hold.
GOKI :- Ahhhh..... I don't know. See what happens by the end of the week (Tone of voice is saying he is hiding some thing)
ME :- The way that you sead that, it almost sounds like you are about to move out on my.
GOKI :- Well, this did not come from me, but Spike and Myself are looking at moving. We feel that we are stepping on your toes some around you.
Me :- When did you start looking for another house.
GOKI :- A few weeks. We found another house. I just need to get approved for it. We were originally going to tell you this friday (in 5 days times).
Me :- Well F*** you very much for the warning on that. I want to have a long over due house meeting tonight.

That night we had a house meeting, and goki told me the follow :-
* He have been noticing a downfall on our freindship in the last few years. And he think for the sake of perserving a freindship, he thinks it better that we go our seperate ways.
Okay, this part i can handle. I was about to suggest the same thing myself. However....
* Spike's GF was looking at moving out as her parents are abusive. He figured he can move along with them too. They did not want to tell me about this 3 weeks ago as they feared that I would be upset. They found a house, and they are looking at moving into it into the next 2 to 3 weeks time. They needed to move in quickly or the property might go to some one else.
I am beyond being up set right now. I just found out that I have about 2 to 3 weeks to find another 2 other people to move in with me. Not only that, but I am only about 3 months into a phone and internet contract. And I am going to get hit for $400 in cancellation fee if I am in a position where I have to can their services. So I offer them this :- I move back to my parents, and they look after my funiture until i clear some space at home. Reply was.
* "I am really fond of this place. There is no floor boards there. So it means that my transformer collection (700+) will be safe from not falling over every time some one walks in to the room"
However.....
* Goki and Spike were going to "help" me find 2 other house mates to take their places. And they would not leave the house before they did find 2 suitable people
W.T.F....Mate. One second they are telling me they need to move really quickly, the next second they are telling me that they will stick around for a while until they find some one. What F***ing Bullshit is that. Please..... don't insult my intelligence.

By the end of the house meeting I reallised that I am screwed.

So I drop a line out to all my freinds that might be in a position of moving in.

MAY 24
My freinds go back to me. They either staying put, or they are got plans for moving, but not right now.
And ways, I had Spike talk to me :-
SPIKE :- You took last night quite well. I thought you were about to get mad and go off at us.
ME :- I am beyond mad with you guys right now considering that you've just F***ed me over with a Cheeze Grater.

MAY 25
After lots and lots of thinking about it, I think about Renting a Self Storage Unit. Dump my shit there, and move back in with my folks. I had a chat with my folks about what was going on. They could not beleive it. So my folks told me that I can move it. No need for a selfstorage unit. They'll work some thing out.

Over all, my plans are... Pack My Shit Up. Cut My Looses. AND RUN!

MAY 27
I spent the entire day backing up the joint. Goki get home.
Goki :- I am getting screwed around with the property managers right now. And the had in this frustration, there is so little time with moving........ What are you doing?
Me :- I AM PACKING MY SHIT UP!!!!! What does it look like I am doing.
Goki :- Oh...... Oh..... I think I might just stay this house then.
Me :- F***ing what? Monday your attitude was that you are OUTTA HERE. Now that I have about 50% of my shit pack, you are thinking about staying.
Me :- (Thinking) F*** it. I am moving.

May 28
Goki is about to go have fun fill day in the city, while i pack things up.
Goki :- I am off to the city. I will be back late.
Me :- Fine. Clear the dinning table.
Goki :- Wha....
Me :- Get your stuff of the dinning table.
Goki :- But I thought you were letting me keep the dinning table.
Me :- I am moving out. I am talking my stuff with me. What is your proplem in under standing that. Clear it, Or I Clear It For you. BTW, the couch you are using. CLEAR IT. The coffee table you are usintg. CLEAR IT.
Goki :- But I am going to be late.
Me :- Why should your social life be my problem.

For the remainer of the day, I continue packing my stuff and shipping it over to my folks.
Currently have about 2/3 of my stuff moved to my parents place.

May 29
I get in early to continue packing the place. And I get Goki telling me that he's been finally approved for the house.
Goki :- I got approved for the house. I start moving in in 2 weeks time/.
Me :- You do realise that you have to give 3 week notice to the property managers on our current place?
Goki :- Really?
Me :- Yes. I check with them.
Goki :- You still going to be hanging around for 1 more week.
Me :- Yeah. I got stuff to move, and I don't see myself getting any more time off.
Me :- (Thinking) And you are not getting a single red penny from me for rent from now on.

At the end of the day, I have about 80% of the stuff over at my folks house.
Over all, I am tired. I am not happy. And I am running out of space for my stuff at my parents.

I am transfering the internet and phone over to Goki's name. After that, I am transfering the phone and internet over to Goki. And after i get the remaining stuff out of my house, it's going to be an Express Posted "F**K YOU!" from me.

Wow that sucks, im guessing he's not a friend nemore?

Well, if I read your rants, you read mine :)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Wow that sucks, im guessing he's not a friend nemore?
As soon as I move the remaining stuff from that house
* Dinning Chairs
* Sofa
* VHS/DVD Stand
* 2x mountain bikes
* Dishwasher / Washing Machine / Clothes Dryer
* Metal Locker
* Shelfing material

and sign the Electricity, Phone and Internet over to his name. I am never speaking to him again.

If he was interested in "preserving the freindship", he should of talked to me about moving out like weeks ago so that I might have time to explore my options on what I can do, as appose to the cut and run routine.

He's ****ed me over really badly with this one, and will throw away 15 years worth of freindship on this one.

I have also told him that have moved in with one of my freinds that he does not know too well. Like he's know this guy's first name, and that is about it.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well, if I read your rants, you read mine :)

Sure thing. Misery Likes Company.

Harper said:
and sign the Electricity, Phone and Internet over to his name. I am never speaking to him again.

And I take it this one way of getting back at him?.. Now "he's" gonna have to pay the cancellation fee instead of u :p

Chankama said:
And I take it this one way of getting back at him?.. Now "he's" gonna have to pay the cancellation fee instead of u :p
Yup. He was telling me about signing back over to my folks place, but they all ready have the Optus Set Accounts. And you can not have 2 optus cable accounts going to the one house-hold. Otherwise, I would gladly take them with me.

He's also going to get a suprise when it comes down to the last house inspection as I have NO PLANS on cleaning that place.
I am going to leave all the Blu-Tak for my posters on the wall. I am not going to vacuum the place ether.

I have been F**Ked around that badly on this , I don't care if I see my bond back.
Please note that in since we moved 3 years ago, 3 of the doors have punch marks in them (not mine), some of the paint has peeled off the walls due to people putting posters up, the kitchen on only been given a REAL CLEAN once (It was Goki's job to look after the kitchen*), and there is some new screw holes in the back laundry from when mounted a drier onto the wall (with out my land lords approval)

* house chores were split evenly based on the difficultly and regualely.
Harper = Mow lawn and look after land scaping. Very hard job, but only needed to be done 12 times a year. About every 2 weeks in summer, and every 6 weeks in Winter.
Spike = Clean Bathroom and Toilet. Easy job. Once a week. Take about 1/2 hour
Goki = Clean Kitchen. Easy job provided you don't let it build up. Apart from the occasional clean up around the stove and sink, the oven has never been cleaned in the last 2 1/2 years

I think that has put me off of moving in with my friends....

Does he know that he has to pay that cancelation fee?? lol.

Harper, it sounds like it's time for a YARD SALE.

And if some of your roomies' stuff happens to end up mixed in... well...

Something my mom told me years ago, "Never do business with family or friends." Sort of holds true here, huh?

Trifid said:
I think that has put me off of moving in with my friends....
You truely do not know your freinds until you start living with them.
I was all cool with my previous house mate until I realised how bone lazy he was. And in the end, I just got sick and tired of being the one carrying every one else weight around that house.

Trifid said:
Does he know that he has to pay that cancelation fee?? lol.
Not really.

Trotter said:
Harper, it sounds like it's time for a YARD SALE.

And if some of your roomies' stuff happens to end up mixed in... well...
Little too late for that. I now have 85% of my stuff out of that house. It was a case that I wanted to clear out of there quickly.

Besides, unless you want 700+ transformers, it only me that has any thing of value to sell.

Trotter said:
Something my mom told me years ago, "Never do business with family or friends." Sort of holds true here, huh?
Been there, Done That.

Nothing wrong with moving in with freinds. We set out some basic rules. Like one person cooks, the other person cleans. Simple things like that.
However Goki must of read the book Animal Farm.
"All Rules Apply, Except For Us Pigs"

P.P. Mguire said:
damn dude. well they got what they deserved from what they did to you. so F*CK them lol.

Well, I am screwing around with him. Since it's his bank account that the rent get taken out of, I am going to delay handing in my paperwork for one more day. It means he's stuck paying rent for one more week.

Also, I am not cleaning that house. Like my living room and bed room really need a vacuum. Especially my bed room considering my featherdown blanket was leaking duck feathers all over the place.
Plus the living room needs a new paint job.
So it clear out the remaining stuff (Sofa, Seat, 2x Mountain bikes, 1x Locker) and I am not looking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom