Folding upgrade coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to combat for a year, its the only thing i have to look forward to besides staying alive and coming back.

what does that have to do with not being able to afford running costs, but being able to afford thousands of dollars of hardware?

BTW, where are you being deployed to?

Dude i only said a couple grand at the most, i have myself and someone else to support..

Not to mention that id like to have kids, and some college under my belt. As well as apartment and several other bills. Its gets extremely expensive to run all these cards, plus the a/c to keep the rooms cooler.

And im going to Iraq, gonna bust my a** for that money.

Ill be 23 when i come back, cant just blow all my cash on toys.

Lol :D

When you shipping out?

Ive been going back and forth, missing a lot of days from work.

But ill be on active duty orders starting September and from then on ill stay on orders till i go over and come back. Gonna try to have internet service over there so i can keep up on the forums on my downtime.

May even be able to fold with my laptop, since i plan on getting something with an nvidia gpu. Now thatll be something, folding from Iraq.

Nice case, I toyed with that idea for the fleetest of seconds and then skipped over due to budget problems...wife, kids and mortgage thing sort of limits the amount of $$$ you can put into household systems, especially folding.

We'll i have not been folding because of my move lately but once im in the new house i will be back up and folding. So i think an upgrade is in order.

I will be folding with a core 216 24/7. I already have a 9600gt i am not using so im going to put that to folding on another machine so i thought i would get another 9600gt to put to folding with it. But i will still have an htpc that i can use. So i was thinking of getting another 216 and putting it in there.

This is pre-mature.the 216 will come later on down the road, probably a month after the 9600gt.

So not counting the 216 later i will be getting:
2x 9600gt 7800ppd
1x 216 700ppd

so i will get about 14800ppd

If you include the 216 for later: 21800ppd.

(ppd may vary)

Who knows, if all goes well and i get a job.or start my business back up i might throw yet another 216 in my main rig for folding. But if things go badly and i have no money i will sticking with the 2 9600gt's and the 216.

hey dude, why dont you just get a GTX 280/285 to replace your core 216 then put your core 216 in with the 9600GT (or put it in your main rig to fold and act as a Physx card) and then you can get another 9600GT to put in your HTPC. that's what i would do.

and yes, you can have a any kind/combination of NVIDIA card in the same pc together. it will still work fine. that's what i am doing right now with my 8500GT and my GTX 260.

^ i keep hearing about major driver conflicts with cards that are to far apart, so i honestly don't know what i will be doing with my main rig. (also, can't really afford a 280 or 285 in canada, i could get like 4 9600gt's for that price, or 9800gt's. Plus 260's are great folders for the price.

what are yall saying???? i have my 8500GT AND my GTX 260 in the same pc (in sig) and the 8500GT is my physx card with the GTX 260 being the main card. works great.

it will work fine with a 9800GT and a 9600GT or a GTX 260 and a 9600GT or any NVIDIA GPU combination. it is only i vista where you can not have a ATI card and a nvidia card installed at the same time.

i also ran my 9800GTX and my GTX 260 at the same time too, worked perfectly. i have not heard of any kind of problems with nvidia gpu mixing for folding or physx.

Yha 8/9"series don't easily run together with gtx 2 cards. Infact, i haven't seen 1 method to work better thn 50/50.

Its their cores or something.

if this were true, then why would nvidia be pushing the physx dedicated card thing so much. and the same with the EVGA X58 mobo's.

No you cannot fold with both an 8/9 cards and a 200 series together.... If you are, you're litterly the only one who has done it with any success.

Folding on the 2 cards, and just having one as a physix card are VERY different.

Btw who cares about a physix card.... this forums all bout folding..... a physix cards a waste of a slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom