Folding upgrade coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
We'll i have not been folding because of my move lately but once im in the new house i will be back up and folding. So i think an upgrade is in order.

I will be folding with a core 216 24/7. I already have a 9600gt i am not using so im going to put that to folding on another machine so i thought i would get another 9600gt to put to folding with it. But i will still have an htpc that i can use. So i was thinking of getting another 216 and putting it in there.

This is pre-mature.the 216 will come later on down the road, probably a month after the 9600gt.

So not counting the 216 later i will be getting:
2x 9600gt 7800ppd
1x 216 700ppd

so i will get about 14800ppd

If you include the 216 for later: 21800ppd.

(ppd may vary)

Who knows, if all goes well and i get a job.or start my business back up i might throw yet another 216 in my main rig for folding. But if things go badly and i have no money i will sticking with the 2 9600gt's and the 216.

^but i already have a 9600gt that i will be using, and by what i have heard i can not run both on the same computer because of driver conflicts. Or would that not occur with a 9600gt and a 9800gt?

LOL, im not totally made of money. I just thought a small increase in my folding for tech-forums would be good. Later on down the road i may add a few more gpu's though, who knows how things will turn out.

Im gonna have to come back from deployment and spend like $2,000 just on folding hardware to outdo everybody lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom