Doom 2016

Got it sorted out.. their support is good. They told me the corrected key and entered it and it was wrong. Replied with screenshots 3 times but ended up the scan of their code was cut off at the bottom so the last 2 characters were Z8 and it looked like 7A - even confused them.

As for the game... holy f*ck. I turned my lights off, my klipsch surround up, and went about an hour and holy f*cking f*ck. Im suprised no one mentioned the soundtrack in this game. Its great metal/rock and it sets the mood and gets me pumped to f*ck up some b!tch zombies.

^ Edit: and also apparently use the F word a lot to emphasize context... must be a subconscious effect lol

Im really glad they didnt try to turn the music off, set some windy atmosphere and try to make it spooky. Instead they just bust in balls deep and let you go all-in.

That's the Doom way ;).

Also, once you get to Hell...the orchestral melodies are awesome there as well, mixed with some more metal.

I'm on the final boss now - tried once to beat it but wasn't able to - will try again tomorrow.

^ Yup. Brutal Doom with the Music Mod pack made it even better.

I decided last night to set everything to Ultra (besides motion blur [off], and chroma aberration [off])..was still getting around 100fps in action scenes. VRAM usage went from about 2.5GB to 2.8GB according to PrecisionX. Tried to DSR from 1440, but it was screwing with my multi monitor setup, so I bailed on that plan and just stuck to Ultra settings.

Hell yea man Im loving this game. Maxed everything and I don't notice it get choppy - and this is someone who is used to my 144hz monitor and counterstrike. It runs so well except for my first boot the game froze at the bethesda intro multiple times in a row. I googled it and reddit post said to put an argument in the startup options that would stop the bethesda intro from playing and to let it sit. I did it and it worked like a charm. Im only about 3 hours in.

Really cool that I got it off of cdkeys for 40$ too because it was a 1/3rd the cost cheaper and it came with the DLC so Im gonna have some good nights in the future with a re-doom beer fest with some friends in this man cave.

Finished the game on Hurt Me Plenty (Normal) difficulty. Tried out a few SnapMap levels and they're pretty neat; browsed through it a bit and some pretty interesting things are there (would be especially fun to co-op with you guys on some of those since they allow co-op in them). Dunno if I'll try it out myself or not. Dunno if I'll even try the MP or not...we'll see.

May play FO4's Far Harbor once through, then try another run of Doom, but on Ultra Violence (not sure if I have the guts for Nightmare lol). Need to go back through the missions and find all the secrets too... Particularly finding the classic levels.

What a great game.
They have really put alot of efforts into this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Inbox me for steam details if anyonr is using

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom