Dawn of War II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
It came out today. I just picked it up. I haven't played it yet. I hope it is good! I never played the first one. I'm an rts fanatic though and haven't had a good one that I've enjoyed for over a year due to lack of releases.

Discuss I guess.

I bought all the DoW except Soul Storm. I liked them, and thought they'd have alot of value for LANs.

I never really LANed with them, but I really liked them. I never even got to playing all the races...so balance is probably an issue lol. I didn't get into DoW II because nothing sounded new except a race and graphics.

Apparently this one is focused on unit building, not base building. It is basically all military. I still haven't installed it yet. I went out to Chipotle, and then we had to go to two different gamestops for my friend to get it. Apparently they only ship like 1 or 2 extra if only like 2 people reserve it, so he was out of luck with the first one. I had reserved it because I went up there yesterday thinking it came out yesterday, but it was only the ship date.

I think in this one you only have like one building or something, but I'm not sure.

Btw, is the dow series like the only m-rated rts series?

I played the Beta on steam and it was great but i can only see myself picking it up if i have the spare money after the other things i want.

StarCraft 2 however.. SC2>Everything.

cannot wait for it !

Dow 2 is entirely different from Dow 1. As far as I know (I should be picking it up next week).
I loved Dow 1, and if you do own it, go get DoWxp Pro or something like that. It's a mod that changes quite a bit about the game. You may not like some of the changes, but it also perfected the AI. I can barely beat a computer on insane now.

Dow 2 is supposed to be a lot more like CoH.

Yeah something is going on with steam atm, and I can't even play the game at all. It is really really *** how they set it up like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom