amazon registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I am using a wireless LAN connection to connect to the net. I tried to register on amazon and i keep on getting this message
"The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.amazon.co.uk"

does this have something to do with the fact the my connection is unsecure.
can you guys tell me what the solution is?

i am using firefox, my IE is acting strange, comes up with the message tha tit can nto display the page.
i also got a similar message from dabs saying
"The connection was refused when trying to contact secure.dabs.com"
is it because i have got a wireless connection or is it because i got something evil lurking in my box?

i am downloading opera and will give the sites another try?

can you guys recommend some utility which will enable me to check how much data have i downloaded over a certain period?

ur browser has to support 128bits encryption for most secure connections, check firefox info/about or plugins help to see if it supports 128bits

i just tried opera and i get the following

"
Could not connect to remote server
http://news.bbc.co.uk/
"

can you guys tell me why can i not access the net using opera, IE falls half the time and firefox is the only browser that goes but i can not go onto any secure sites?

what is my HJT-log?

i think i have disabled my firewall? how do i ensure i have done that?

i think my ISP might have some sort of firewall since the brochure that came with the equipment says

"antivirus and spam protection, parental control, pop-up blocker, personal ip address"

no, its not your ISP i think, you were able to visit these pages before right

HJT=Hijackthis log (do a google to download hijackthis)

To make sure u disbled your firewall go to network environment and rightclick your network card and select properties....then look for the firewall tab and deselect it

thanks for the hijackthis software tip
i got rid of one red cross

i got a few yellow question marks, what do you think of these yellow question marks, should i get rid of them?

i am attaching the log

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom