4890/275 Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people that we recommend builds too, that's who. I don't care what the informed people get, you know what you are doing and its all on you. But a lot of people come here expecting us to give them good recommendations. We must recommend the best for their systems, any less and we are doing a disservice.

I do see what you mean, i wasnt really saying who cares to your argument, i was saying who cares about having it in public. (Yeah im known for being hard to understand)

But anyway, i do agree, but for the same price it would come down to what games you play and how fast the card is in that game, whether you need specific technologies like CUDA, what features your motherboard has whether it be a CrossfireX or SLI enabled mobo, stuff like that.

I do see what you mean, i wasnt really saying who cares to your argument, i was saying who cares about having it in public. (Yeah im known for being hard to understand)

But anyway, i do agree, but for the same price it would come down to what games you play and how fast the card is in that game, whether you need specific technologies like CUDA, what features your motherboard has whether it be a CrossfireX or SLI enabled mobo, stuff like that.

Sorry let me clarify. You said who cares, so why argue. I think its valuable because when we recommend builds we need to give the best advice possible. What we are doing here is in a sense vetting the hardware and deciding what is the best. Which features matter and which don't etc.

give up :p at this time this board is on the ati bandwagon...they'll be ati fanb0is for awhile then switch sides sooner or later :p

I lol'ed

Tech-Forums used to be a AMD/Nvidia board. The mention of Intel would cause the populace to rise up in a mob.

Times have changed since then. Intel finally got their head out of the sand and their finger out of their butt and brought out a line of CPUs worth using. Along those same lines, AMD has breathed much-needed life into ATI and brought out not only good chips, but at a good price.

AMD has faltered, but their new CPUs are pretty good and offer a great bang for the buck. They aren't i7's, but they aren't too far behind. ATI continues to bring out good stuff while Nvidia seems to be having some trouble getting into a good rhythm... they are reacting instead of acting.

It all boils down to good things for us, the discerning consumer.

seriously tho, i dont see either of these cards being recommended to anyone guys!

they are great cards, but if one dude can afford one of these, then the chances are he can afford the slightly better card or 2 lesser cards for sli/crossfire. ....like i said these 2 (275 and 4890 ) are great cards, but since they are brand new, their bang for the buck isnt as good as some of the others, but still good.

wouldnt a 4850x2 still beat one of these 4890's/275's? they are the same price give or take a few bucks.

or what about 2x 4830's/4850's or 2x gtx 250's vs one of these new cards?
im not 100% sure, but i think that would be more bang for the buck as the prices stands now.

currently, i would give this war to ati because the 4890 is $10 cheaper than the 275.

right now, the best bang for the buck isnt with the 2 new dawgs in da house.
its with the slightly older generation, and to recommend anything different when saying "bang for the buck" is not doing the justice it should.

give both of these two new cards some time, and let the drivers/our reviews tell who is the winner in the end. I have seen alot of bad reviews for all 4 major co's(intel/amd/nvidia/ati), nothing has changed.

thats my 2 cents!

^^ well said tastegw. I say let the consumer decide on the best back for buck. ATI has held this for a long time, this is the first ive seen the GTX 275 being a better back for buck against ATI in a long time.

In a few weeks the prices will drop and they will be a bit more affordable.

I wouldn't mind having a play with a 4890 1GB in a couple weeks, but the truth is that there's not much my 4870 1gb can't handle..even @ stock settings...and I play at a pretty high resolution.

In a few weeks the prices will drop and they will be a bit more affordable.

I wouldn't mind having a play with a 4890 1GB in a couple weeks, but the truth is that there's not much my 4870 1gb can't handle..even @ stock settings...and I play at a pretty high resolution.

uhh...........i struggle on mine but i can hold out until RV870, really i can. I probably wont be getting a new graphics card until next year.

ya, for my needs, i never really even needed to upgrade from my 8800gts g80 320mb.

but i had to have that 280 then the 285 for kicks.

this 285 should do me well for the life of the card, but something tells me, when i has the change in ma pocket, something else will replace it (gtx350 anyone?)

uhh...........i struggle on mine but i can hold out until RV870, really i can. I probably wont be getting a new graphics card until next year.

HD 3870X2 in the same sentence as struggle?

Seriously, you should be pwning games at this point, go have Sapphire check it out.. it might be faulty.. worse come to worse you get the same card back, or you might get a better one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom