4890/275 Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The XFX HD 4890 is $230 after mir vs $260 for the slower XFX GTX 275. You cant beat cheaper and faster.

both cards have impressed me in price and performence. id like to see gtx275 clocked to the max vs a 4890 clocked to the max, then thats a real bout. also id like to note it may be the newest driver bu the 182,s are compatible with the 275, and they are faster then the 185 drivers. looking at 182 drivers on the 275, vs the 4890 on its faster drivers the 275 is faster so id liek to see oc results and benches in a VS before making any claims at all.

Wow the 4890 seriously kicks ***! $230 MSRP and beats a GTX280 in a lot of tests, not to mention totally owning the gtx275.

And to top it all off Havok is on OpenCL. Physx is obsolete and Nvidia lost another useless marketing feature.

According to the many reviews I read today, the 4890 will OC like nobody's business. The changes made to the 770 chip to make the 790 was to add additional power regulators and to cut loose some ties that held it back. Speeds of 950MHz and 990MHz were mentioned in the reviews on stock voltage.

where does the owning part come in?
not tryign to debate but i want an explenation, only one review has showed it superior. that review used cripling drivers on the gpu. they mention it at the begining of that review itself.

When it beat the gtx275 like the 4870 beat the gtx260. notice how many tests the 4890 wins at. It even beats the gtx280 in a few cases.

When it beat the gtx275 like the 4870 beat the gtx260. notice how many tests the 4890 wins at. It even beats the gtx280 in a few cases.

well looking at those reveiws the gtx 275 was ahead in almost all titles, the only review where the 275 was behing was anandtech, and they used horrible performence drivers, they show the drop in performence between the 2 on a 285 at the begining of the review. also yes the hd 4890 clocks liek a monster, but ati has always had higher gpu clocks, i would love to see a oc vs oc review.

my proof is here.

Benchmark Results: Sum Of All Games : Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 Preview: A Well-Timed Retaliatory Strike?

Conclusion : Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 Preview: A Well-Timed Retaliatory Strike?

GeForce GTX 275 review | test

AnandTech: ATI Radeon HD 4890 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

guys read teh whole reviews on this thing before making claims for either party. both have a msrp of 249.99, ati does have MIR with some brands putting it at 220. but tis still a MIR.

the GTX 275 still wins against the HD 4890 but a margin or so. Now if OCing in the 4890 can be pushed even higher, then i bet it would win against GTX 275 im most tests. Until then, the GTX 275 is still winning against the HD 4890 in most tests.

well looking at those reveiws the gtx 275 was ahead in almost all titles, the only review where the 275 was behing was anandtech, and they used horrible performence drivers, they show the drop in performence between the 2 on a 285 at the begining of the review. also yes the hd 4890 clocks liek a monster, but ati has always had higher gpu clocks, i would love to see a oc vs oc review.

my proof is here.

Benchmark Results: Sum Of All Games : Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 Preview: A Well-Timed Retaliatory Strike?

Conclusion : Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 Preview: A Well-Timed Retaliatory Strike?

AnandTech: ATI Radeon HD 4890 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

guys read teh whole reviews on this thing before making claims for either party. both have a msrp of 249.99, ati does have MIR with some brands putting it at 220. but tis still a MIR.

How long has it been since we have stopped relying on those sites? It's well known Nvidia threatened a lot of reviewers about the gts250 and they were forced to give positive reviews. Anandtech's numbers show the 4890 doing very well, although the speech in their conclusion is slanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom