4890/275 Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has it been since we have stopped relying on those sites? It's well known Nvidia threatened a lot of reviewers about the gts250 and they were forced to give positive reviews. Anandtech's numbers show the 4890 doing very well, although the speech in their conclusion is slanted.

zmatt, u need to take a chill pill and let the reviewers give their personal opinion, even anandtech's opinion. First of all, how do u know Nvidia threatened? You are assuming that they did so quit it and try to stay positive here on tech-forums not negative.

zmatt, u need to take a chill pill and let the reviewers give their personal opinion, even anandtech's opinion. First of all, how do u know Nvidia threatened? You are assuming that they did so quit it and try to stay positive here on tech-forums not negative.

I am chill, stop trying to turn me into some angry ranting mess.

Look, something stinks here and I don't like it. Just look at some of the things Anandtech said in their article, and they tend to be pretty fair. If that's what they had to put up with then just think at what everyone else did. Nvidia is playing dirty and that is pretty obvious.

Look I'm not getting ****ed and all up in arms about it. It's just that if you don't push back hard then you end up with the gtx260 beating the 4870, and that simply isn't true. Someone needs to stand up against it.

well considering that anandtech usually pumps up the AA to a crazy high amount like 16X, just because ATI cards usually do better with AA. they have always seemed a little biased. just like how they basically took a crap on nvidia physx in the begning of thier article. and anandtech is not the only reputible review site on the net, there are others :p

Nvidia got what they deserved for trying to get reviewers to use physx as a reason to recomend a inferior card. Physx is irrelevant now anyways since havoc will be released for OpenCL allowing it to run on ati, nvidia and Intel cards.

Besides all of Anandtech's tests were run at 4xAA with the possible exception of Crysis Warhead which didn't specify what level of aa was used. I would consider 4xAA the minimum amount that is acceptable to test with anyways.

another close match :] glad amd/ati is staying neck n neck in the GPU race since they can't stay toe-to-toe with intel in the CPU race.

personally i would still go with nvidia though. better drivers and better coolers in my opinion. plus green/black > red (don't bring xfx ati cards up :p)

well considering that anandtech usually pumps up the AA to a crazy high amount like 16X, just because ATI cards usually do better with AA. they have always seemed a little biased. just like how they basically took a crap on nvidia physx in the begning of thier article. and anandtech is not the only reputible review site on the net, there are others :p

give up :p at this time this board is on the ati bandwagon...they'll be ati fanb0is for awhile then switch sides sooner or later :p

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Seriously, everyone should just take a chillaxative. ATI versus nVidia arguments and disagreements are always going to exist, just like right-wing versus left wing. That doesn't mean we have to get all up in arms every single time new cards come out.

They're both great cards, plain and simple. Great value for the performance.

To mention my opinion, even though I've been called an nVidiot recently, I'm liking the look and potential of the 4890, and would be interested in trying it out.

^ Exactly. Who cares.

The people that we recommend builds too, that's who. I don't care what the informed people get, you know what you are doing and its all on you. But a lot of people come here expecting us to give them good recommendations. We must recommend the best for their systems, any less and we are doing a disservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom