Help......

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I found out that my DVD Burner does work. I used Nero to burn DVD Datas and it worked. The problem is, Windows does not know that I have a dvd burner.

I cant burn anything from iTunes, Windows Movie Maker, Windows DVD Maker, Windows Media Player, and Windows Media Center. None of them knows I have a DVD Burner.

What am i missing here?

I looked on the drivers for my DVD Burner which is Sony DRU-120C and in the computer it has one loaded which is the cdrom.sys

When I went to work last night, i looked at all Vista Computer and their drivers that are loaded are....

cdrom.sys
pxhelp20.sys

those two are the ones commonly found.....

the others are...
partmgr.sys
tdcmdpst.sys

Should i restore my Windows Vista Premium OEM? If so, how? I tried it and the disc is on the drive but it wont boot from it. If I do restore it, how is the product activation going to work if I already activated it?

Do i format my drive first, the main C: Drive, then install the copy of vista again?

Thanks

Edit:

Or should I leave it the way it is? I mean i can burn using Nero but not on Windows stuff and iTunes. Grrrr stupid windows vista haha.

The drivers are loaded cuz its in the inf folder.

anyone? should i try reinstalling windows vista? if so how will it work with OEM? does this mean I have to buy a new copy of vista or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom