New Build or buy already built?

New problem, the motherboard is Gigabyte Z790 UD AX , in the case Corsair 4000D, case fans are three-pin. Corsair iCUE ARE 120 fans , set of 3, they have 4 pin if installed individually, but fans have a locking tab that will not align with the mb 4 pin connector, which has a tab sticking up . ?? I just dont understand how this MB has " standard 4 pin fan ports, but all the two case fans that came with are three-pin, and my three RGB fans are not going to connect with the lock tab on the MB either!!!
3 pin fan headers can plug into 4 pin fan headers, you'll just have the one pin left over not used.
RGB on the other hand uses its own connector and depending on which Corsair fans you purchased you'll need the separate ARGB connector off your board or Corsair's proprietary controller hub.

3 pin fan headers can plug into 4 pin fan headers, you'll just have the one pin left over not used.
RGB on the other hand uses its own connector and depending on which Corsair fans you purchased you'll need the separate ARGB connector off your board or Corsair's proprietary controller hub.
I don't think this board has the ARGB connectors on it, which is why I recommended an ARGB hub. I do not know if this would require a Corsair proprietary controller hub.

I don't think this board has the ARGB connectors on it, which is why I recommended an ARGB hub. I do not know if this would require a Corsair proprietary controller hub.
It has 2, one on top, one on bottom. As well as 2 12v RGB connectors.
If the Corsair fans are RGB they will have Corsair's connector on them. The case fans themselves should be standard 3 pin non-PWM. OP needs to link or specify which extra fans he has to go further but usually most of Corsair's junk now requires their Commander hub to control with iCue.

Thank you all again. The Corsair fans I bought, a set of 3, came with a cheap patch cord. three to one, but I could not find anywhere on the MB to plug it in. After doing some research I saw people on YouTube, install them with a control hub. So I found a Corsair set of three with an included control hub. Ordered them and processed a return to Amazon for my original set. I don't know but it seems some of these component suppliers are just really cheeping out.
I open my motherboard looking for the manual, to find I have to go online and print my own. Anyway, I figured out the case fans I have with 3 connectors, they plug into the 4 pins on the one side leaving the spare pin so they will run at constant speed. I did find the connections for my water pump and its cpu cooling fans. My only hitch in the installation was my Frostflow x280 water cooler. I mounted it on top of the case but the inside fan housing hits the MB a bit. So I sanded a little bit off the corner of the fan housing, and it fits fine now. Completed the installation, and checked bios, fan, and pump functions all is good, I installed Windows 10 with Thunb drive just fine.
Things have definitely changed a bit since my last build in 2013.
What do you all run on your gaming PCs windows 10 or should I update to 11?

Windows 10 will be just fine for you. In fact I plan on making my New Years resolution to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10...(reluctantly)

Ok I have window 10 running fine, bought a digital license so it's authentic. Everything is running smooth, funny the GPU cooling fans don't even run, but the temp is 35c. Guess this monster GPU is even challenged yet.

Thank you all again. The Corsair fans I bought, a set of 3, came with a cheap patch cord. three to one, but I could not find anywhere on the MB to plug it in. After doing some research I saw people on YouTube, install them with a control hub. So I found a Corsair set of three with an included control hub. Ordered them and processed a return to Amazon for my original set. I don't know but it seems some of these component suppliers are just really cheeping out.
I open my motherboard looking for the manual, to find I have to go online and print my own. Anyway, I figured out the case fans I have with 3 connectors, they plug into the 4 pins on the one side leaving the spare pin so they will run at constant speed. I did find the connections for my water pump and its cpu cooling fans. My only hitch in the installation was my Frostflow x280 water cooler. I mounted it on top of the case but the inside fan housing hits the MB a bit. So I sanded a little bit off the corner of the fan housing, and it fits fine now. Completed the installation, and checked bios, fan, and pump functions all is good, I installed Windows 10 with Thunb drive just fine.
Things have definitely changed a bit since my last build in 2013.
What do you all run on your gaming PCs windows 10 or should I update to 11?
That's why I don't buy Corsair fans, or any fan that requires proprietary crap or extra software to run.
My whole house is running Windows 11. I didn't switch initially when it came out because I was running AMD at the time and there were scheduler issues. When I moved to 12700k I switched to 11 immediately. I would run W11 and the ultimate performance power profile since you have E cores in your CPU.
Ok I have window 10 running fine, bought a digital license so it's authentic. Everything is running smooth, funny the GPU cooling fans don't even run, but the temp is 35c. Guess this monster GPU is even challenged yet.
Most modern GPUs today have a 0rpm mode. The fans will ramp up once they hit a certain temp.

Ok so you recommend I update to Windows 11. It's very strange to me I have software for my GPU, i guess to tweek or adjust its performance but the core temp is only 33c, so the fans don't run. And I bought these Corsair 120 fans , set of three , I can play with the colors, but they don't run either, and I can't really find anyway to make them run.. So they sit there in whatever color i want but don't run!! I can set the fans to look at 8 different temps on the MB, 14 points on the CPU, and 3 different points on the GPU. But everything is so cool, I guess they don't need to run? I guess I should have just two more basic 120 mm fans like the one that came with the case , no lights or anything , and then I would have 3 running fans upfront like I wanted.

Ok windows automatically updated to Windows 11, pretty seamless as I can tell. Figured out problem with Corsair fans. Found out on a forum, the fans have two connections each, one for the RGC header controller, which I thought did everything. Turns out the one connection does go to the control box but its only for the light, the other connection powers the fans and has to be plugged into a fan controller on the mother board. I read through the two pages of the included instruction and it never mentioned that. So now the fans are running, controlled by either the CPU, Motherboard , or GPU of my choice.! Always something new to learn!!

Back
Top Bottom