Call of Duty: Black Ops Map Pack, First Strike: Pack 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
With MS it is more like if they want to sell it on there platform then they get it first, Remember when they tried to control the PC market and say if you want our operating system then you CAN'T have netscape on your PC when you sell it. They lost that one in court.

That's probably why the went with steam in the first place for the update charges, But the cheating went out of control and the knew we wouldn't buy into it AGAIN

How could they charge the users for an update on the servers? I guess they could make it so when the map pack is released and the server switches to the map then you get booted, but that will cause grief activision I am sure does not want. Server purchases would go down, cancellations would go up. I just don't see it.

Microsoft pays out of anything they want.

If that was the case then how in the world did they get slapped with a $3.2 Billion dollar fine from the EU for including WMP with Windows? Only to finally modify it to not include WMP and call it the K version? Yeah they certainly pay their way outta anything they want. I dont think so. Research before making comments that hold no merit at all. Microsoft gets fined and pays all the time for stuff. You just want to believe they get away with anything they want.

They will not get away with it. It would cost them more to buy out than to just let them charge. Lets see pay the company how many millions or let them charge the users? Hmmm, will we get back all that money? No. Let them charge.

Think for a second. It is a BUSINESS. They have to be able to MAKE MONEY. They wouldnt give millions to Activison not to be able to make it back. They already got their money from the XBOX Live users just for their services. How would they recover the millions they would have to pay to not have maps get charged? That would raise your XBOX Live Gold fees again.

Microsoft wouldnt even attempt to "buy out" if there was no way they could make money on it. It is not the Microsoft of 1990 anymore. They pay for everything they do now. They get more lawsuits against them for even the stuff they try to do for Open Source. Like the XML lawsuit against them. Include into that the fact that they had to stop selling Office for a period of time due to the lawsuit. Yup they certainly can buy their way outta everything...NOT.

If that was the case then how in the world did they get slapped with a $3.2 Billion dollar fine from the EU for including WMP with Windows? Only to finally modify it to not include WMP and call it the K version? Yeah they certainly pay their way outta anything they want. I dont think so. Research before making comments that hold no merit at all. Microsoft gets fined and pays all the time for stuff. You just want to believe they get away with anything they want.

They will not get away with it. It would cost them more to buy out than to just let them charge. Lets see pay the company how many millions or let them charge the users? Hmmm, will we get back all that money? No. Let them charge.

Think for a second. It is a BUSINESS. They have to be able to MAKE MONEY. They wouldnt give millions to Activison not to be able to make it back. They already got their money from the XBOX Live users just for their services. How would they recover the millions they would have to pay to not have maps get charged? That would raise your XBOX Live Gold fees again.

Microsoft wouldnt even attempt to "buy out" if there was no way they could make money on it. It is not the Microsoft of 1990 anymore. They pay for everything they do now. They get more lawsuits against them for even the stuff they try to do for Open Source. Like the XML lawsuit against them. Include into that the fact that they had to stop selling Office for a period of time due to the lawsuit. Yup they certainly can buy their way outta everything...NOT.

Dude, I don't know even know what you're saying. All I'm saying is they have a lot of money to throw around.

Kind of confused me as well. I was kinda leaning toward that they had cut a deal and paid up in order to get the map pack 1 month before others did.

Dude, I don't know even know what you're saying. All I'm saying is they have a lot of money to throw around.

It was already released news that Microsoft cut a deal to get the DLC first. And Microsoft does sued a lot, but most of the fines are nothing huge.. Microsoft paid to get the DLC first and this isn't even the first case of them doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom