Infinity Ward working on a Next Gen Call of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
A job listing on Infinity Ward's official site may have outed a Call of Duty game for next-generation consoles. A post calling for a senior animator advertises that Infinity Ward is seeking a candidate "with experience in game development and an interest in working with next-generation technologies."

Other listings advertise that Infinity Ward is looking for a software engineer, environment artist, game designer and engineer, though next-gen consoles aren't specifically mentioned in those posts.

Previously, job listings revealed that Sledgehammer games is also hiring for a Call of Duty game, and Activision purchased a domain hinting at Black Ops 2. We don't know if these projects are connected, and Activision hasn't announced what the next Call of Duty game will be. Still, considering that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 made over a billion dollars, it's a safe bet that a new game is on the way.

We've reached out to Activision to ask about the job listing.

source - Report: Infinity Ward Prepping Next-Gen Call of Duty - PS3 News at IGN

Just about proves the 2013 Xbox release speculation.

Wow, really? They're making another CoD game! I did not expect this in any way.

The COD franchise won't stop for a long time, when people start getting bored with it like I have after 3-4 years, new people are just starting to play it and will therefore carry on, the one good thing about it for me is that my friends play it so is quite a social game for me and quite laid back. Plus it's as easy as anything going, i decided to see how quick i could prestige in using the model 1887 the whole time (which isn't great) on team defender, took me 11 hours 45 minutes. Most people have no skill on that game, they just grab the most overpowered gun and still get ****** by any half decent gamer.

Idk, let's hope they pull a cod4 for the new hardware. Then maybe we can all play cod again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom