increasing bit rate..

Status
Not open for further replies.
THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! PROOF!! Someone finally took the time to really analyze it... I love it. EricB and I have been trying to tell people its just a little EQ to make you think its better. The one guy on that link even reproduced the "Crystallizer effect" with his EQ plug-in. The first few graphs show that it causes distortion which can't possible make it more clear

The comparison was based on two typical recordings: an old analog recording with a great dynamic range reserve and a modern recording with maximized levels. We used an X-Fi Elite Pro sound card and active studio monitors.

pp-s.png

aa-s.png

The original recording sounded much better to me in both cases. Crystalizer heavily equalized the recording, causing an evident trough in medium frequencies. All sharp noises (such as percussions, guitar strings, saxophone's edge of attack) were stressed, often occulting the rest of the recording (automatics failed to detect that singing was more important than the cymbals part in this recording). Perhaps, such audio processing will do good only if you listen to some recordings on small computer speakers, which add their own distortions. Through these distortions you will make out the equalization and a sharper attack of percussions. Turning down Crystalizer produces a positive effect: it results in the reduction of equalization and general volume level, and in higher resistance to overload.

BAM!!! RIGHT THERE! Compression + EQ! But, why use it? It was already done in the mastering suite of some recording studio; a room specifically built, engineered and scientifically designed just for doing THIS work. Sorry, but a 24bit "Crystallizer" can't do the same, as proven by that link.

Crysalis said:
THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! PROOF!! Someone finally took the time to really analyze it... I love it. EricB and I have been trying to tell people its just a little EQ to make you think its better. The one guy on that link even reproduced the "Crystallizer effect" with his EQ plug-in. The first few graphs show that it causes distortion which can't possible make it more clear

BAM!!! RIGHT THERE! Compression + EQ! But, why use it? It was already done in the mastering suite of some recording studio; a room specifically built, engineered and scientifically designed just for doing THIS work. Sorry, but a 24bit "Crystallizer" can't do the same, as proven by that link.

they still don't hear us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom