online virus and spyware scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond_007

Solid State Member
Never ever use an online virus or spyware scan online, because they leave your computer open to more threats then scanning them offline. Trust me NEVER EVER scan your computer using an online scanner. :no:

Hm i have used the online scan from kaspersky, it was very good and there where no leaks left behind.

jamesbond_007 said:
Never ever use an online virus or spyware scan online, because they leave your computer open to more threats then scanning them offline. Trust me NEVER EVER scan your computer using an online scanner. :no:

Please produce documentation of this issue. As a security expert on several forums I have users run Online scanners all the time without incident...so I can't see how to justify that statement since the scan opens no holes in the PC's security that wasn't already open.

*Note* This is asumming your using a LEGIT well known online scanner (Like Panda, TrendMicro, Kaspersky...etc) and not some devious 3rd party scanner as there are a few of those.

greensubmariner said:
Where's Kaspersky from? I think I might have a virus.

Kaspersky Scanner

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with

Kaspersky WebScanner

Next Click on Launch Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Locate the Scan Settings button & configure to:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      • Extended
    • Scan Options:
      • Scan Archives
        [*]Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK & have it scan My Computer
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
  • Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply

* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

I can, you can find more information about my statement by watching ********* dvds, he is a computer pro......, and he does not trust them at all.

And it says it also in some pro computer books about online scans.

So dont complain, at the moment the online scan may not affect your computer, but in the long term it may.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom