ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASSMASTER

Daemon Poster
I posted this in the software forum by mistake, re-posting here.

Anyone use or hear how well the Antivirus software in the ZoneAlarm Suite works?

I'd rather pay $70 for the zonealarm suite with anitvirus and spyware protection rather than renew my subscribtion to Norton.

Any thoughts?

Yes. Even the free ZoneAlarm firewall from www.zonelabs.com is one of the best I've seen out there. MOF, it IS the best I've seen.

But same with the norton suites: the AV may be good (which norton's isn't good anymore, KasperSky kicks @$$) but the rest of the suite is junk. imo. mind you.

Because I am kind of a cheap-ass, I use ZoneAlarm Free Edition. For my antivirus, I use AVG free edition. Both work well together, and both are easy to use. Best of all, they are both free:D

BASSMASTER:

Whatever you decide..please understand in todays world there is no "One" program can do it all. You need to layer your protection to be truly protected. Here's some food for thought.....

Here's a part of my "Clean Speech" I post for users after clearing spyware, adware, virus, trojans, and worms from their systems.

Recommended Protection Programs

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs:
  • SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
  • SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute.
  • IESpy-Ad to block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email.
  • WinPatrol to monitor any changes that programs make to the registry.

If you do not have a firewall, here are 4 free ones available for personal use:

In todayÂ’s world you MUST have an Antivirus program. If you do not have one, here are 3 FREE ones available for personal use:

In light of your recent issue, I'm sure you'll like to avoid any future infections. Please take a look at these well written articles

Bascially....you will need 1 firewall...1 antivirus...and ALL those other programs I listed. That's layerd protection.

MicroBell said:
BASSMASTER:

Whatever you decide..please understand in todays world there is no "One" program can do it all. You need to layer your protection to be truly protected. Here's some food for thought.....

Here's a part of my "Clean Speech" I post for users after clearing spyware, adware, virus, trojans, and worms from their systems.

Recommended Protection Programs

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs:
  • SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
  • SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute.
  • IESpy-Ad to block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email.
  • WinPatrol to monitor any changes that programs make to the registry.

If you do not have a firewall, here are 4 free ones available for personal use:

In todayÂ’s world you MUST have an Antivirus program. If you do not have one, here are 3 FREE ones available for personal use:

In light of your recent issue, I'm sure you'll like to avoid any future infections. Please take a look at these well written articles

Bascially....you will need 1 firewall...1 antivirus...and ALL those other programs I listed. That's layerd protection.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom