Internet Isp And Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
my connection here at work is around 560Kbs down and 320 Kbs up. mind you i'm on a lan network with another 90 employees all taking some bandwith

at home my connection is 3.3 Mbit/s down and 312 Kbit/s up
although i have a monthly cap of 15GB wich i can distribute freely among uploads/downloads. for every GB i go over it, my isp charges 0.90 € (they count per mb )

Caps are horrible. I never knew an ISP capped anythign except bandwidth (speed per second). I guess it is different on cable, it being a shared community network (probably why they don't like you hosting web sites on cable :/ )

I have a cable and I dont have a cap at all. The real reason they don't let you host sites and etc, is because they can charge you more for "Business Class Cable" and let you host.

my connection isnt cable thought, its ADSL but still i have caps. cable has smaller caps though here (10 GB) and they only have a max of 2 gb upload as to where i can distribute upload and download freely.

T1 is a waste of money. Your only paying for reliability. T1 is guranteed to be up 99.9% of a year. Thats it. you can spend less money and get an 8mbps connection for $79.99

T1 is for major bussiness use, not for the average consumer.

I have a 5 Mbit cable connection with 512Kbit up. Works very nicely... and no cap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom