Youtube vids sound quality sucks for me

CompT

Baseband Member
I've been watching some youtube vids but the sound sucks. I usually watch Let's Plays, where the game noise seems fine but the commentary seems not as loud as the game noise. It sounds distant. The whole sound in general, I don't know how to describe, but it is not as it was before. I don't know if it was an update or what. When I hear it, it sounds choppy, but not in a laggy form. It also sounds like another video is playing with sound, it sounds like "wehh wehr wehr" in a very nasal voice. Weird problem but plz try to help

You sure it's not just the creator's audio isn't mixed into the video correctly on the actual video?

Can you post an example of one you're talking about?

I tried the headphones I'm using on another computer. Works fine. Speakers on my computer also work fine. There seems to be a repeated bubble noise in the background of any video I watch, and I hear the volume not that loudly, and the noise feels like it's being put through an old war microphone, which produces a not clear sound. It also happens on any game I play, or anything that has audio. This only happened after I put in my new 980 Ti, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it or it is just a coincidence. I tried rebooting first, then tried updating headphone drivers. It is on the newest ones but still no luck. It's my computer's audio that's the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Also, the audio sometimes drops out. It's only until I reboot the computer when the distorted audio comes back. I tested my headphones. The chart says it's transmitting audio, but I don't hear it.

Back
Top Bottom