Youtube gets fat (HD transition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
So i don't know if you noticed it or if there is another thread lol, but youtube is eventually experimenting with HD content, that's good. However neither can i get used to the wider screen (it creeps me out) nor on how awfully it displays SD videos. I believe they should program 2 players, one standar size and one for HD.

Does YT REALLY need to be in HD?

I personally am getting tired of the HD band wagon...... I see commercials for HD Sunglasses on TV.... While at the University of Illinois in Urbana last weekend, they had window clings (you know, those ones for your car windows to show off where you went to school), were printed in HD according to the package.... I mean seriously.... WTH?!

Sure, I have a 65" 1080i big screen in my basement that I LOVE watching my HD channels on, but I am not an HD addict.... I own 2 blu ray movies... The Patriot, and Gone in 60 Seconds. All the rest of them are just vanilla DVD's. Do I really want to watch 3 minute video clips of people talking into their webcams in HD? Oh well.... [/Rant]

I'm not big on the HD thing, either. It's for the same reasons ED gave. It's just become sort of a buzz word, too Meant for the typical dumb-as-rocks consumer. Just like how everything that was "Digital" was automatically better, so now is everything labelled as "HD" whether the label even applies or not.

Yeah its getting annoying as many companies are using the words HD to sell their product. HD just means a resolution of 1920x1080 thats IT. Doesn't even mean the quality is good. I saw a sony point and shoot camera at best buy and they have their stupid sony 1080p sticker on it. I'm thinking to myself, "That camera better be able to take pictures at resolutions higher than 1920x1080."

That has to do with the camera's output to TV... but I bet if you asked the sales guys it would "take pics in HD".... and 1920x1080 would be a hair over 2 megapixel..... I think,....

Thing is how many people film in HD? honestly there is a limited selection that is mostly subscription based on TV an I can't think of one vid on youtube that's in true HD.

Yeah, HD is cool sometimes but the only time I ever use it is when watching sports. Other then that I do everything else on an old TV.

There are quite a few High Res video's, okay very few are HD. But some like DVD quality through streams, streaming HD through an average ADSL connection is very demanding, they need to wait 5 or 10 years until broadband speeds average around 50mb, so it's easy to stream HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom