Xampp Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameguru83

Beta member
I am currently running both a game server and a website of the same dedicated PC. Both these programs require Windows MySQL, which I assume/guess is the problem. I find that my website times out constantly. By this i mean that everyone once in a while ill check my website and it will not load. I then turn of Apache, restart it and it works just for for another hour or so.. then it just stops working again. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?

P.S. forgive me if this is the wrong section, as you can see I am new here :)

OP has probably moved on but I will say this for people who may stumble on this at a later date.

Xampp is a development tool, you shouldn't use it to deploy live websites, Xampp says as much in the documentation. There is no such thing as Windows MySQL it's either MySQL or Microsoft SQL and either way you should have no problems with two applications accessing the same DBMS.

If your site content is generated dynamically (which seems likely since you are using Xampp) the issue is probably in this code. Xampp will be set with less restrictive settings than "normal" installs of the individual services meaning that things that would normally have quit execution will carry on chewing resources.
Uninstall Xampp and reinstall the individual services (we have a guide for doing this) you will probably start getting a load of errors that will help you track down the root causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom