X server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

In Runtime
hey i'm not sure if the problem really lies in the xorg.conf file but everytime i login the nVidia screen flashes as it should but then it goes back to the login screen. root can't login. nor can i login through a console. so i rebooted in failsafe mode and was able to login through command line. here's what i could come up so far:

maybe i need to free up some space cause there's less than 50megs left on the disk.
maybe X is messed up. check the link to the xorg.0.log file below and tell me if you see anything. all i see is warnings that certain modes won't work. default mode is 1280x1024

SuSe 9.3 latest nVidia drivers

any ideas?

http://www.savefile.com/files/7207431

you should be able to change the secuirity settings with the login menu if suse has done there job ... all you might have to do is enter the root password. i know with debian you can do this ... but maybe if you just use vim (or whatever flavor text-based text editor ( :) ) you like) to change the conf file to use the VESA drivers, you should be able to reinstall the nvidia drivers and have them *work.* i've personally have had bad luck with nvidia's drivers, i just use debian's nvidia drivers, they seem to work great for me, but thats beside the point. try that, and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom