Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• ???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very aware that JAVA is not capable of writing an OS, I was just asking because I thought I saw somthing saying it was somewere. and a 2MB OS that runs on my calculator would not take that long to write. I dont have what I need to make a hand held at the time any ways

Re: "We should be ToUcHiiiiiiiN....."

Like i said....
Java is programming language for Sun Microsystems servers with SPARC Architexture and Sun OS. If he wants to build a SUN computer, there ya go. (Though that's more than likely not going to happen.)
Linux was a good suggestion. Most distrebutions are FREE! :D

mmm.. i don't think so, java runs on Java Virtual Machine, which more likely than not is built on c/c++, if you want to start a OS from scratch, there is no way you can use java to communicate directly with cpu, it won't even boot..

Since you've listed three languages, prob those are the ones you've heard somewhere (java is very hyped, c++ is touted as backwards compared to java, and there are alot of old basic books), when you look at the kernel of, for example, linux, you won't find a single piece of c++/basic/java code, everything is written in c..

ya linux is c based because its structured and not object oriented. both run at machine level and both can easily create an OS but u have to be GOOD at programming to create even the smallest OS. i started a small project with 4 friends like that once and after a month we were done. never going to try it again. my head still aches lol. but if u r really determined and r willing to put in months of agony then go for it and gl!

My computer is being gay so I have to wait untill I get a job (again) and buy a decent antivirus (again)

Re: Re: "We should be ToUcHiiiiiiiN....."

furtivefelon said:
mmm.. i don't think so, java runs on Java Virtual Machine, which more likely than not is built on c/c++, if you want to start a OS from scratch, there is no way you can use java to communicate directly with cpu, it won't even boot..

Since you've listed three languages, prob those are the ones you've heard somewhere (java is very hyped, c++ is touted as backwards compared to java, and there are alot of old basic books), when you look at the kernel of, for example, linux, you won't find a single piece of c++/basic/java code, everything is written in c..

You are wrong to a certain degree. what the other person was talking about is SUN system which I going to guess have java chips in it. My school uses java chips to control robots. You put the code directly on the java chip and then the java code can run the robot. I going to guess the SUN system he was talking about uses something similar to this. On a x86 system you are correct there would be no way to make a OS in java.

regardless. I am going to practice more with other C++ things for while and write a demo sort of OS to outline what I am trying to accomplish, then I will decide what I am making it for. Complete the prototype based on what I know about the system I am making it for, then I will make a beta for the system, perfect it, and V1.0 will be released. I know this might take over a year to do but I dont care. I want to be at least a little known for at least the most minute thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom