WiTricity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words like WordPad and WiTricity use Medial capitals.... So in a sense its right. Not a mistake. WiFi is another one...

there's a difference between wireless sending of a signal (phones, music) and an actual current. i don't expect the latter to be very safe, but we'll see.

ever see the demonstration of the fluorescent bulbs just sitting underneath power lines, but they light up because of the leaked current? that leaked current causes a higher rate of cancer for those who live under high-capacity power lines.

What have the studies of cancer in people living near power lines found?
Scotland on Sunday - Cancer link to living under a power line
BBC NEWS | Health | Pylons 'double child cancer risk'

great idea, let's power EVERYTHING that way. i'm sure there won't be any negative health effects....

let me clarify that i DO think there is a market for this technology.....charging up personal mobile devices, for example. if you could just set your phone and pda down on the desk and they automatically charge w/out having to be plugged in, that would be useful. similarly, the tech. used to charge elec. toothbrushes could be applied to charging personal mobile devices. HOWEVER, like stated above, i think it's a ridiculous and dangerous notion to expect this technology to be applied more widely.

powering a lightbulb from 7 feet away just doesn't seem practical or necessary. buy an extension cord. use in-wall wiring. wireless current is not safe, IMO.

I disagree on the safety note, only wireless electric current of a certain resonance frequency (like they wre talking about) would affect you, much like only the right frequency radio rays will damage your health. I feel if they chose the right frequncy, and made it universal (which would prove problamitic) to all devices, it would be safe, except if the witricity resonating frequency was all the same, the receiver (laptop, phone...) may steal signals from a different source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom