Windows Vista is not searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danvina

Solid State Member
Hi everybody!

I am running Vista Home Premium [Service pack 2]
The search window of My Computer does not work.
I enter a word and press “enter” and nothing happens.
Let me make clear, that is not that it doesn't find any results, just not do anything.
Any help is truly appreciated!
Dan

Don't press enter. The same thing happens to me. Not that is a problem, but instead of pressing enter you should actually click on the results. When you press enter it will close the results.

Hi Fatrat,
It does the same thing if I press enter that if I don't. Just stays there. No results show either way.

When I search from the Star menu box, I get two options. Search the Internet [this option works, but it does not help to find the files I need in my computer]. The other option is Search Everywhere. If I click this option, it will take me to a blank page [no results] like I get when I search from the search box in My Computer.
Anyway, before I go to bed I will try to rebuild the index. I'll post later.

Have you tried right clicking the mouse on empty part of the task bar (at bottom of screen)
click on properties, then start menu, click customise and scroll down near bottom, and make sure
the circle in front of "Search entire index" or "Search this users files" which ever suits you, has a dot in it.
You could also tick Search programmes.

Was it no help? My search box when press start stopped working, and when I found the Search entire index button I checked it and the search box works again. Hope you find your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom