windows explorer crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
yet another thing wrong with my comp...

everytime i go to start>control panel in XP Home, windows explorer crashes "window explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" is the error message i get.

after the initial crash, once explorer starts up again, i can access the control panel without problem. but then the next time it happens again.

computer is spyware/adware and virus free as I do an almost daily scan, temp files removed almost daily as well, registry cleaned with registry mechanic full version.

I have done quite a few reinstalls and repairs with the XP disc and I'm getting sick of it. To those of you who warned me about ASUS hardware (my ASUS 6800 just died the other day), i'm feeling the pain.

That really sucks!

:mad:
somehow either win.ini or dll's in system 32 are screwed up. Have you recently reformated and installed a clean xp install? If you have already maxed out your install "credits" just attempt to activate and then call customer servise and unlock it over the phone....they never say no. Have you added a whole bunch of new hardware to your existing system? Not sure if that helps....but I share your pain!

Well, my computer(when I had windows) did the same exact thing, theres no prominent solution. When I had that problem it just sorta...went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom