Windows 8.1 Wallpapers missing...

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Just let it do it's thing. Chkdsk will take a long time, especially if there are lot of inconsistencies on the disk.

Unfortunately in Win8/10 it doesn't output the status very well other than what's shown there. Once it's done, you can look in Event Viewer to find the results of the chkdsk, if you're curious.

Zekester2015

In Runtime
yeah, i looked online about chkdsk hangin at a certain percentage. some ppl say it takes over a day. ive left my laptop on, plugged in, im stayin up, im hopin for results...

Zekester2015

In Runtime
imma download that one k?. i just left the chkdsk running overnight, woke up, opened lid, it said "select an account to continue", i did, it restarted. fixed

apparently my "ntfs.sys" got corrupted somehow, luckily chkdsk fixed it up, after 2 of the same BSODs (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM)

Last edited:

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
imma download that one k?.
If you just do a reverse image search one either one like I suggested you can get a higher res version. That one is pretty low res.

i just left the chkdsk running overnight, woke up, opened lid, it said "select an account to continue", i did, it restarted. fixed

apparently my "ntfs.sys" got corrupted somehow, luckily chkdsk fixed it up, after 2 of the same BSODs (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM)
Good to hear that chkdsk did it's job and got it working for you.