Windows 8.1 Wallpapers missing...

Zekester2015

In Runtime
--I am not sure if this is in the right forum, if it isn't, sorry--

OK, this is the ONLY thing I regret from upgrading to Windows 10. There was a list of default Windows 8 wallpapers I could choose from (In the Metro UI settings), but in Windows 10, the ones I'm looking for are completely gone... (I dunno why I waited this long to post this, as I've had Win10 for months) .

Where could I find the list of default Windows 8 lock screen/desktop screensavers?? I've looked on Microsoft's website, and couldn't find them... (I mean the pictures, themselves)

Last edited:

Zekester2015

In Runtime
i tried to copy the pictures to my Zeke>Pictures directory, since It said its corrupted, when I tried opening it. gave me error 0x800870570 "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" . what???

also, above priority of other images, I wanna find this image below, but without the watermark... I'm thinking of installing a Windows 8 enterprise 90 day trial iso (from Microsoft's website) to a VM, then enabling a shared folder, going into C:\windows\web, and copying all... would that work??

image :

Last edited:

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
i tried to copy the pictures to my Zeke>Pictures directory, since It said its corrupted, when I tried opening it. gave me error 0x800870570 "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" . what???
May need to run a chkdsk then.

also, above priority of other images, I wanna find this image below, but without the watermark... I'm thinking of installing a Windows 8 enterprise 90 day trial iso (from Microsoft's website) to a VM, then enabling a shared folder, going into C:\windows\web, and copying all... would that work??
Could...but probably unnecessary. Just do a reverse image search on Google... I just did it, and got a lot of hits without a watermark.

Zekester2015

In Runtime
about that : I ran a pre-startup chksdk, it got stuck at 13%
I want to defrag my hdd to make sure its alright but the list is weird, I can't tell chich to choose. It says "System, Recovery, \\?\Volume{c64569... " which do I choose????

each one is labeled "OK (0% fragmented)", which is complete bull... I'm scared for my HDD... D:

PS I just searched by image that pic i showed, i tried to save, said directory corrupt. D:

PPS I just tried clicking "analyze" and "optimize" on every drive in list.it tried for split sec, then freaked out and quit.... D:

PPSS I am tryin out AVG PC Tune Up's disk defragmenter, cuz the windows one doesn't work... will see how it goes...

Last edited:

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
You need to run a full chkdsk and DON'T STOP IT. Stopping a chkdsk can cause issues.

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

Zekester2015

In Runtime
OK done, I will reboot my pc after AVG finishes the defrag attempt...

its already goin better than the built in defrag (the one that came w windows)

I'd send a pic of the defrag, but the Win+Prtscn doesn't work cuz of the corruption error thing...

Last edited:

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
I would do the chkdsk before the defrag... The chkdsk will mark off bad sectors and attempt to repair sectors with issues - the defrag will just try and move files so they're contiguous and could hit a bad sector / corrupt file and just choke.

Zekester2015

In Runtime
I only did an analysis, AVG says ~30 GB heavily fragmented, I should pay more attention to this....

it also said ~67 GB partially fragmented..

I'm gonna restart my PC now... will stay on TF app tho...

Last edited:

Zekester2015

In Runtime
OK, im on mobile, just restarted, and got BSOD : NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

now it just shows this, after another startup attempt ImageUploadedByTechist Forums1455512602.852237.jpg "diagnosing your pc"

another update : ImageUploadedByTechist Forums1455512696.783612.jpg

Last edited: