Windows 7 Ultimate refuses to wake up after sleep/hibernate

Jpikus

Solid State Member
I just did an all new install of win7 ultimate 64 on my gaming rig. It's a fresh install onto a brand new SSD. When it hibernates I can't press the spacebar to wake it up or even hit the power button on my rig. I have to turn the psu switch off and then back on and then hit the power button before it will turn on. I then ran a windows fix thing that was on the microsofts website, so now when it sleep's it turns on right away again without hitting the mouse or keyboard but when I turn sleep on and turn hibernate back on I get the same issue of it not wanting to turn back on. When I plug in my old HDD that has my other OS on it I don't get any of these issues, any help or info would be great!

Last edited:
Worked like a charm. I thought they figured out those issues with SSD's? Thanks again, it was really starting to annoy me

There is no figuring it out at this point. It's a matter of data life. There are only so many read / writes in the life cycle of a node. You can only read to them X amount of times.

Considering SSD's aren't mechanical, there really isn't much that can fail on them except the actual nodes. So to lengthen the life of your SSD you can reduce unnecessary read / writes to the drive by putting page files on another standard drive, disabling hibernation and disabling defrag.

Well nvm the solution worked at first but it's doing it again. I'm getting the error CF on my board which tells me to Test CMOS R/W Functionality, any Ideas on that one?

Well the only thing we can suggest is that you test the SSD or upgrade the firmware on it. It could be that the SSD is failing.

Back
Top Bottom