wierd sound problems in vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
something is wrong with my sound on my computer and im not sure what the issue is. The sound will be working fine for a while then randomly it will start crackling and sometimes itll only let me play through 2 seconds of youtube videos (no sound) and freeze and then after that it wont let me play any videos of any kind period. even if its a file it wont play it itll just be open in wmp or whatever and not move. the only way to fix this is to log off and log back on which doesnt take too long but then all my programs need to restart which gets annoying. Ive noticed that it starts crackling alot when i play music through aim maybe it has something to do with it maybe not just throwing out circumstances.

here are the specs on my computer
-dfi lan party ut nf4 ultra-d socket 939 nvidia nforce 4 ultra atx amd motherboard
-AMD Atholon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model
-Lite-On 16x DVD+,-R dvd burner w/lightscribe and 5x dvd-ram
-kingston hyperx 2gb (2x1gb) 184-pin ddr sdram ddr 400(pc 3200) dual channel
-Hiper 580w PSU
-2x 250gb 7200 rpm western digital sata hd
-BFG Tech geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 video card
-Windows Vista Ultimate

i have no sound card im running off the mobo sound card.

Sounds like a fresh installation of drivers is needed since the current set were most likely knocked out. Or? You may seen the audio chip's initial failure starting to take place.

Here I always run an expansion model in case that quits and still have onboard as a backup audio source for tempprary use. One look at the board specifications only confirmed what I thought about that board having a Realtek audio chip. There's been plenty of driver problems with those. The DFI information is seen at DFI Product for LANPARTY

well i believe its a vista compatibility issue with the driver most likely cause im running tiny xp on my second hard drive with my games and the sound never goes out on tiny xp so im not sure what the deal is. every time i try to update the driver tho vista like crashes and i need to reverse everything. maybe its just time to buy a soundcard.

When installing Vista did you check the board manufacturer's support site for a Vista update there? The software disk that came with the board may not be Vista ready with the correct driver set. I'll look over the support site in the meantime to see if they have one. They should at this late date.

Revision A3.75
Driver Audio Driver
OS All
File AUD_RealTek A3751.exe
Size 17,626,511 bytes
Date 2005/08/27
Description Windows 98Gold/98se/Me/2000/XP/2003(32/64 bits) for Driver
only. For Windows 98 SE, DirectX(R)8 is
required to enable advanced features Download Driver

You have to scroll down the page near the bottom to avoid the 64bit update near the top of the page there.

realtek has issues with vista. try manually installing the software. vista recognize the device, but it doesn't configure it right

Realtek has issues in XP as well. I've been hearing that for the last 2yrs. or so. Personally I hate using onboard to begin with since it is so limited. After all these years I'm still running Creative Sound Blasters currently seeing the X-Fi XtremeGamer model in use here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom