Who drives a manual transmission here?

I drive a manual '84 Camaro Z-28. It adds to the fun of cruising around town, but I'd get sick of it if my daily driver ('03 Saab 9-5 2.3t) was a manual. I find it harder to concentrate on my driving with a manual.

Driving a manual intensifies my driving experience. I pay more attention to everything I'm doing. Driving automatic just makes me lazy and bored, which is handy for some days when I'm feeling lethargic, but sucks when I want to just go out and enjoy a drive.

Across the pond, this question is very strange unless you replace "manual" with "auto"

If you like driving, and don't just see it as a chore or a simple means of transport, there is no contest. Although autos are nice for towing.

I had a Supra MKIII 3.0 turbo manual. That and my Omega Estate MV6 Auto were the best cars i've owned.

A nice second hand Supra is pretty cheap right now and quite reliable. Just watch out for the rear arches and gaskets.

I was gonna go for a MKIIII in a years time but i'm liking the Soarer's right now.

the one im looking at atm is an 86, rear arches and head just done.. beautiful motor, had a look at it the other day, and for an '86 is in amazing condition..
been after an old jap car for a while now, but wont have the money until i start my new job..
at the moment im just looking forward to picking up the new focus, had to trade in for a diesel because im going to be doing 100 miles a day for work when i start.. and i dont really want to be doing £90 a week in petrol to get to work...

Back
Top Bottom