Which manufacturer for my 7800GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont do it!!!!

Scan are muppets, besides they have a high delivery fee. You'll be paying £245 for that card and you can get the Gainward 7800GS (7800GT) for £260 from dabs with free delivery.

Dabs

The card scan are showing in the picture there is not the CO edition... not sure I trust them to send the right one.

MrCoffee said:
Dont do it!!!!

Scan are muppets, besides they have a high delivery fee. You'll be paying £245 for that card and you can get the Gainward 7800GS (7800GT) for £260 from dabs with free delivery.

Dabs

The card scan are showing in the picture there is not the CO edition... not sure I trust them to send the right one.

Too late. I've ordered it and the delivery charge was only £7. You're right on the picture, I hadn't noticed that. On the invoice though it says the CO version with 430mhz/1300mhz and 16 pipelines. If it isn't that card when it arrives, it's going straight back! Regarding the price, even £260 is too much. That's how much of a strict budget I've got. I've got to feed my son and I and keep a roof over our heads. So sacrifices have to be made. I'm happy with my purchase as long as it's the CO version, thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out when the card arrives.

Fair enough, its a shame though :(

Still, the EVGA CO is prefectly good, its the same card I have infact.

MrCoffee said:
Fair enough, its a shame though :(

Still, the EVGA CO is prefectly good, its the same card I have infact.

Thanks. I'm happy with my purchase and atleast I'll be able to play all the new games with sexy graphics. I can't wait to play Oblivion. I know I won't have maxed out graphics but atleast it will look alot nicer than then my bog standard 6600. The most I can play with that card is low-med and if I'm lucky 1280x1024 but most of the time 1024x768. I have a 17" lcd monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024, so playing at 1024 looks crap sometimes. It's alright but I much rather play at 1280.

Yeah oblivion does look nice with it but I'd recommend you stay at 1024 and keep the other settings high, though you may have to kill some of the shadows.
going to 1280 you'll have to sacrifice too many features that you want like HDR + bloom, distant lands, small textures etc

I'm playing Oblivion at the moment at 800x600 with everything on low-med, just to get a decent frame rate. I'd be quite happy playing at 1024x768 as long as I could have other things on high and HDR. Man, I want my card NOW!!!!! lol.

I got my card today and it's everything I had hoped for. Mr Coffeee, have you had a bad experience with Scan? I thought they were fantastic, the card arrived a day early, they e-mailed me every step of the way and then they sent me a text message to say it had been despatched and it would be with me the following day. The card is HUGE, it nearly didn't fit in my machine. I had to move my 2 HD's and put an extension on the power cable so it would reach to plug into the card. But after installing it I fired up Oblivion and it looks amazing. Here are some before and after screenshots.
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/Metr01973/?action=view&current=comparison.jpg
You can't really tell from the pictures really, apart from the HDR but believe me it's an amazing difference. I was getting about 15fps on 800x600, low-med settings but now at 1024x768, high settings, everything turned ON and HDR I'm getting 30-40fps. btw it is the CO version with the higher speeds. The box had CO edition on it but I checked using Coolbits and the sppeds are 430mhz, 1300mhz. Which is correct for the CO version. Once again many thanks to everybody who posted, I'm now off to play Oblivion now. lol

I have the Superclocked CO and it is amazing. I can tell a big difference between a 6800GT, 9800XT and my 7800GS. I have everything maxed w/ Bloom @1920x1200 resolution. Idk my framerate but i dont lag at all. Its freakin amazing and it just shows that AGP still had life. All well. GL w/ your new awesome card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom